Banking turns and Naza

Reaction score
I have an FC40 and am about to get set up with FPV - a Boscam TS321 setup, an SJ4000 and a cheap screen.

My question is about how the quad handles. When I watch most FPV video the copter seems to bank and turn at the same time. Almost like a boat - banking to one side and turning. But that isn't a move that comes naturally when using my FC40 - I would need to bank to have three separate stick inputs - rigtht lever forward and to the side while also turning using the left lever.

I tried to use manual mode to but it's so hard to control - crashed again and broke my extended legs :-( Am wondering will it become natural when I'm flying FPV and this question will be irrelevant.

I know it sounds a bit involved, a strange question - but what am I missing here ?

Cheers - Damian.

I started flying my P2 without a gimbal until I had enough flying confidence to add the gimbal, Hero4 camera, FPV transmitter, iOSD. The P2 felt more sluggish (naturally with the added weight) but was very controllable. Then I added my GPS tracker to a leg and I didn't notice any flying difference.

With more practice, I was able to turn in circles while keeping the camera pointed in a particular direction which does require more complex stick inputs than flying a box or away/towards you. This has reminded me of learning to fly fixed wing RC - it took hours and hours of practice before "muscle memory" kicked in - at some point in training all you have to do is to think about what direction you wanted to fly and the fingers "automatically" moved the sticks in the appropriate direction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers