Banggood Generic Battery

Who's going to be the Guinea pig lol

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: beakeru2
Reactions: Droneted
But maybe I'm wrong

The battery is the one thing you really need to count on so I always buy OEM genuine DJI batteries. I won't trust my pile of flying money with a generic battery. If you have a problem with your Phantom try convincing DJI that it wasn't caused by that battery.
That is one place you don't want to cut corners and cheap out. ;)

I was looking further on that bang good.com site and it has the regular p3 battery for $166.00 and some change also which is the 4480maH. So, my guess is that as you say, the 4500maH might void the warranty. It might be made special for overseas voltage settings. I don't really know.

I strongly encourage everyone to order several.... DJI might reduce their price in response. Personally i will stick to DJI, would suspect they have a greater interest in keeping their product safe from failure and subseqent warranty claims....

Having said that this little baby is banggood brand and flys beautifully...

Attachments

• 20151231_140747.jpg
    20151231_140747.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 714
I strongly encourage everyone to order several.... DJI might reduce their price in response. Personally i will stick to DJI, would suspect they have a greater interest in keeping their product safe from failure and subseqent warranty claims....

Having said that this little baby is banggood brand and flys beautifully...
I have a couple micros, one that looks like that. Fun to fly in the house when the weather sucks. ;)

For the sake of $50 or whatever it works out in your currency I wouldn't risk it

I don't Feed myself cheap food from takeaway shops
I put high octane fuel in my car for greater performance
And I use official batteries for my P3P

If you cut corners you will buy twice !

Kind of off topic but does DJI manufacture the battery cells in their official battery? Or do they just use generic cells with their "intelligent board" on top

Reactions: Mordor
Kind of off topic but does DJI manufacture the battery cells in their official battery? Or do they just use generic cells with their "intelligent board" on top

I would bet they buy them from another manufacturer, but made to their standards. China can produce high quality if you pay for it, think about Apple products, high end reliable electronics almost all made in China. If you have an issue with a non-DJI battery you can bet they will blame the non-official part and I don't blame them. The battery is the life blood of your quad. You wouldn't buy a generic, cheap parachute to save a couple dollars if you were jumping out of a plane would you?

Two things do happen in China:

1. Second grade production items are sold through different channels

2. Copy and produce goes in a big way

There is probably no difference between the OEM and this knock off. Literally. BUT, I'm all set on trying them out. DJI has us all by the balls.

Reactions: Mako79
There is probably no difference between the OEM and this knock off. Literally. BUT, I'm all set on trying them out. DJI has us all by the balls.
There may be no physical difference but the DJI logo will get you warranty coverage, the generic will not. And yes, they can tell if you had a non-DJI battery in it. I would be leery to trust a non-OEM battery if I was flying over any type of property I didn't own, people or animals.

Reactions: 0DRK3RT

+1
If the wanks at DJI had confidence in their batteries, they would offer us 1yr warranty instead of the lousy 6 months. The P2 batteries was worse, they had 3 months. With less than a few cycles, a lot of users packed away for winter and their warranty lapsed. On their next spring flight, the batteries went into early auto landing and failed. I calculated my battery to be over $5AUD per flight ($200/40 flights).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik