Bang!!! Lost my gimbal :( Help needed!!!

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Recently I´ve crashed my Dji Phanton Vision + and the Gimbal Stopped working.
The Flex cable is good, all seems good, but no lights in the gimbal and nothing from the software.
The drone flys good, but lost gimbal. (the vision app gives me no feed from satellites, battery info.... Just the battery lever from range extender)

Is it normal to loose feed from telemetry on the Phanton without the Gimbal?
My best option now is to put an ZenMuse H3-3D Gimbal and connect it to the drone? Is it easy to do it?

Best regards to you all!

No gimbal means you'll have no telemetry. Check the three gray cables that connect to the gimbal and make sure they are securely seated. Make sure a wire hasn't become disconnected from the connector. If you've had a crash you'll need to check where they plug into the Phantom's internal circuitry also.

I´ve disassembled the Phantom to check for disconnected wires, and other stuff. Nothing seems anormal...
I think the main gimbal board is the problem. Almost sure!

Next week a friend will try is gimbal in my Phantom to be absolute sure!
Does Dji sells the Main Board? I don´t think so...

So if that is absolute sure, the best solution is to buy an Zenmuse?

You can't buy a Zenmuse and just plug it into your Vision+. It is more involved than that, and ultimately more expensive than buying a Vision+ replacement gimbal/camera.

I´ve seen some Threads, and the conclusion is that it works, in a vision+
The app receives stream directly from the GoPro, but not possible to start Rec, just in manual way or from the remote.

I may be way off here, but I read something in the past tbat your very thin fragile, gps receiver in the bird is ceramic and may have suffered a crack.... which occurs often in a hard crash, I bought 4 extras, which were only 5$ from an electroinc store.... I will try and find the link, but as I recall, the person posting it, had the same issues...

RCF - DRONE said:
I may be way off here, but I read something in the past tbat your very thin fragile, gps receiver in the bird is ceramic and may have suffered a crack.... which occurs often in a hard crash, I bought 4 extras, which were only 5$ from an electroinc store.... I will try and find the link, but as I recall, the person posting it, had the same issues...

Hi RFC, the drone flys very good, the only issue is the gimbal, stopped working... The ribbon cable is good, and everything seems fine except for the main gimbal board.
Thank you very much

You can buy the mainboard for like $80 new.
I've seen it on ebay and a couple of websites.
If you are in Australia I can show you who I use on ebay to buy new parts locally.

Would doubt its the mainboard if everything else is working perfectly.

Always take care when trying a "faulty" component on a good unit, get it wrong and the fault can carry over, My previous experience shows putting a good component onto a faulty unit is more risky than trying a bad component on a good unit.

justin00 said:
You can buy the mainboard for like $80 new.
I've seen it on ebay and a couple of websites.
If you are in Australia I can show you who I use on ebay to buy new parts locally.

Would doubt its the mainboard if everything else is working perfectly.

Could you tell me where can I get the Gimbal main board?
I´ve searched for it in the web, but no results.

Many thanks

daveth1956 said:
Always take care when trying a "faulty" component on a good unit, get it wrong and the fault can carry over, My previous experience shows putting a good component onto a faulty unit is more risky than trying a bad component on a good unit.

Thank you for your advise Dave, I will test with a complete gimbal unit.

Maybe my only solution is the Zenmuse... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers