Banding in video

Well the weird thing is it was between 12-1pm, and as such the sun should've been more overhead. It was a POI so was rotating 360 degrees... but it was certain when the camera was in one particular spot of the orbit... Now that I think about it, there was a great deal of water in that direction, so perhaps the reflection of the sun off the water?

There are many, many threads here on this subject. It is caused from the sun shining through the props causing shadows on camera sensor. You need a hood and or filters. The hood works for most.

Give this link a look for more info -> #6

You get that banding when you get shadows of the props falling across the lens.
Simple solution is avoid filming when you are have shadows of the props falling across the lens.
Think about where the sun is and fly a different angle.

You get that banding when you get shadows of the props falling across the lens.
Simple solution is avoid filming when you are have shadows of the props falling across the lens.
Think about where the sun is and fly a different angle.

I see it now... bizarre the manufacturer didn;t accomodate for this... but ok, it is what it is...

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound argumentative, but... One should never fly at noon, or whenever the sun is directly overhead? This is really the only solution?

Would anyone know of a way to clean up the video so it's un-banded?
I think he meant just don't fly into the sun, rethink the viewing angles to point away from direct sun. ;)

I think he meant just don't fly into the sun, rethink the viewing angles to point away from direct sun. ;)

No, I understand... but the sun was overhead, I wasn't necessarily flying into the sun.

Regardless, I see the other threads about this now. Now I just gotta figure out how to clean up the video...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers