Baltimore's Inner Harbor

Reaction score
Never made it to Oriole Park or Raven's Park = no place to park my work truck without hiking a long ways. Here is some footage of Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Sorry for the discombobulated video I had a hard time seeing my phone's display in the sun. 5-0 came by at one point but they just looked up and kept going. In the second video there is a nice shot of the flag atop Federal Hill at around 8:20.

Baltimore Inner Harbor 1 - http://youtu.be/DUDFQTkrmBg

Baltimore Inner Harbor #2 - http://youtu.be/ZjyE8QaW-PQ

Beautiful footage. I visit Baltimore often and stay at the Marriott right on the harbor. Often thought about bringing my P2V and now P2V+.

How did you get that range to Federal Hill?

mem_ny said:
How did you get that range to Federal Hill?

I've just been fortunate to get good range out of the box. I will wind up doing the Stage 2 antenna upgrades. I would love to get a consisten 3 miles. Funny how after the fact you think of all the things you WISHED you had done. I should have flown in for a close up of the Legg Mason sign.

Bird were these videos FPV or LOS ? Great videos. My new P2V+ supposed to arrive Wednesday. Can't wait.

Great video, thank you for sharing. Wow you really went far, I was almost a little uncomfortable watching knowing how far out you were flying. Very exciting; I can't wait until I have my P2V.

DCLocal said:
Great video, thank you for sharing. Wow you really went far, I was almost a little uncomfortable watching knowing how far out you were flying. Very exciting; I can't wait until I have my P2V.

The RTH function has worked flawlessly, so it inspires confidence. One thing I always try to do is make sure I am higher than anything I have to fly over should I lose control and have to rely on RTH. I wrote DJI's softare engineers and requested that they let us set a RTH altitude rather than the stock 20 meters. Better to be high than too low! :eek:

If you think that was scary watch this: http://youtu.be/-5LnGjjQMY0

Very nice Dirty Bird-

Do you use manual settings to pitch the camera up/down, or are you tilting and using the phone accelerometer?
I prefer the accelerometer setting but often find myself overshooting the pitch of the camera and it makes it jerk up/down/up.
The manual pitch is much smoother but I don't like to move my thumbs away from the controls...
Do you use the FPV setting? I haven't tried it.

Very nice, DB

Nice work!

The inner harbor is great, but the next time you get a chance (and a suitable launch location for it), you should try flying down out of the harbor a bit, past the Domino Mill and out to the fort...I'll bet you can get some great footage there.

Your bridge flyover is really impressive. Im due for my pv+ today, but im so afraid of flyaways and the unit malfunctioning id be scared to fly over water or even a bridge for fear id lose it or cause a car accident if it were to fail. Either way really enjoyed your video. I guess once i learn how to fly and rth is functioning ill be more dareing. Your video inspires me. Thanks

Dirty Bird said:
I use the manual control for the tilt. Never tried the FPV camera mode. Have to give that a shot next time out. :p

Absolutely terrific video coverage of all the locations you have covered so far.
Flying over water is really exciting, and one of my favorite. The video quality coming from the camera is right up there with professional grade, IMO anyway. I assume with all the extensive coverage you've taken so far, that you have found a particular video feed selection which offers the most for all around recording. Hopefully you can pass any such info on.
I for one like the settings you have in place right now.
I don't know how much better it can look, but then again I'm not exactly in a position to critique video quality, or anything else for that matter. I'm not sure if you had previously mentioned if you had begun to make any mods to the set-up yet, or if your Vision + is a stock bird, Dirty.
In any regard, thanks for sharing, and keep'm coming.

Btw, One last thing, what was the distance you were flying when at the Flag across the harbor ?

Dirty Bird

Nice vid. What flight mode do you fly in? Are you flying stock or Naza M? What do you use to edit your videos. Thanks. Mine gets here on Friday.

Skynet1 said:
Absolutely terrific video coverage of all the locations you have covered so far.
Flying over water is really exciting, and one of my favorite. The video quality coming from the camera is right up there with professional grade, IMO anyway. I assume with all the extensive coverage you've taken so far, that you have found a particular video feed selection which offers the most for all around recording. Hopefully you can pass any such info on.
I for one like the settings you have in place right now.
I don't know how much better it can look, but then again I'm not exactly in a position to critique video quality, or anything else for that matter. I'm not sure if you had previously mentioned if you had begun to make any mods to the set-up yet, or if your Vision + is a stock bird, Dirty.
In any regard, thanks for sharing, and keep'm coming.

Btw, One last thing, what was the distance you were flying when at the Flag across the harbor ?

Thank you. My Vision+ is totally stock. I will be modding with higher gain antenna. I'll do the transmitter & range extender first, test range, and upgrade the antenna on the Vision+ as a last result if need be. I'd like to get a solid 3 mile (approx 5 Km) range. Batteries probably can't handle a round trip much beyond that.

I have just been using the Auto camera settings, which have worked fairly well until my Inner Harbor #1 video when I noticed the exposure kept jumping around early in the recording. I believe it was around 1800' from my position on Pier 5 to the flag post on Federal Hill. Kicking my *** because there were people right beneath the flag post. I should have panned down while I was hovering to see their faces as this little quad came out of nowhere and hovered there saluting the flag. :cool:

skypup71 said:
Nice vid. What flight mode do you fly in? Are you flying stock or Naza M? What do you use to edit your videos. Thanks. Mine gets here on Friday.

Thank you. I switched to NAZA mode the instant I received the Vision+. There really is no reason not to switch so long as you make sure S1 & S2 are UP when you start. Having the ability to simply toggle the S1 for an RTH is sweet, and the IOC gives you the flexibility to do some video you couldn't do otherwise, like flying the Phantom in Home Lock allowing you to pan on an object as you fly past. I sad to say I haven't edited my videos, other than to trim off some fluff at the start/finish with YouTube's stuff. The music is just the free stuff YouTube offers.

I have just been using the Auto camera settings

Sounds good to me!, but regarding the camera settings, I was trying to find out if you had preferred the 720p x 30fps or 60fps setting, as opposed to something else. The video quality certainly looked crisp, and I believe the camera has various settings related to crispness of the recording eg. Soft, Medium, or Hard effects.
Don't know if you had an opportunity to get into any of those adjustments yet.

Whatever you have going on, its working just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattnn