Ballancing DJI White Props

Reaction score
I spent a little time tonight balancing four new white DJI props for the phantom. (Yes I know they are cheep and not great props...) I found all four of them where off balance the same way. On the props have a DJI logo on one side and the other side has 8045 on it. I had to add weight (in my case tape) to the side that had the 8045 on all four blades. I also found that the hub was slightly off balance the same amount on all four. (I didn't fix the poor balance on the hub because it is slight and I really don't have anything good to add a tiny amount of weight to the hub. I was just wondering if anyone else also noticed that the balance on DJI props are all off the same amount. (I only had to use a small bit of 3M scotch tape to every blade (about the size of a small postal stamp) in the middle of the light side fixed each blade.

jdawson said:
I spent a little time tonight balancing four new white DJI props for the phantom. (Yes I know they are cheep and not great props...) I found all four of them where off balance the same way. On the props have a DJI logo on one side and the other side has 8045 on it. I had to add weight (in my case tape) to the side that had the 8045 on all four blades. I also found that the hub was slightly off balance the same amount on all four. (I didn't fix the poor balance on the hub because it is slight and I really don't have anything good to add a tiny amount of weight to the hub. I was just wondering if anyone else also noticed that the balance on DJI props are all off the same amount. (I only had to use a small bit of 3M scotch tape to every blade (about the size of a small postal stamp) in the middle of the light side fixed each blade.

Rather than add weight to the 8045 side, did you consider sanding off DJI's logo on the other? LOL

I did consider sanding... Sanding plastic tends to open up the stricture of the material in a way that can significantly weaken it. As the stock props are quite thin and flexible I didn't think sanding them was the best option. The small logo itself is so close to the HUB that removing it wouldn't have done the job. Removing or adding material father out the prop would have a more significant impact on weight.

jdawson said:

Did exactly the same as you, it was significantly off at the start, a little scotch tape, and close enough. Not brave enough to take out the motors yet and try. One of the dji stickers has half come off and flaps when spinning, that can't be good.

I used scotch tape on the blades to balace them and hot glue on light side of hub to balance it, just flatten it out with wet finger, while its still hot, works great

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj