Balcony

Reaction score
Does anyone regularly take off and land off/on their balcony?
I live in the inner suburbs of Melbourne Aus,
Our apartment building is a two story building and we are on the second floor, we over look all other houses and we are around 1km from the beach (we can see the beach, no interrupt views of it)
My plan is once i get use to drones (newbie) is to fly straight out of my balcony, as I'm in a pretty built up area there isn't that many parks close by, and at the beach there's always people around,

Hi Michael
Your balcony sounds fun, enjoy it with the drone.
Greetings from Sydney

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Can be done but expect issues. No doubt the balcony floor and that if the one above is reinforced concrete, probably a nice fat steel arch bar across the top of the doorway also.

Not compass friendly.

I suggest you have a good look at the mod values (and the compass heading depicted in GO app with respect to actual) before launch to get a feel for how badly the magnetic field is distorted. Fly only with a known compass calibration and I would suggest hand launching and catching.

The AC will fly beautifully when away from the building however expect the AC may not honour your stick inputs precisely when in close.

No balcony above us, I was looking at the compass before in the settings, it was in the orange around 300-350 mark if that makes sense (Sory forgot what the actual name is but it was in the compass settings above the collaboration button)

Michael_R, it really depends on the size of your balcony. If it's small and/or enclosed, you'll most likely have to hand release/catch. It's not the safest thing to do, but it's possible. Launching from the ground in an open area is always the safest way to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31