Balancing Tri-Blade Props - Tape or Sandpaper

PJA

Reaction score
I have a set of GWS Tri-Blade 9050 props. I have tried to balance these props with my DU BRO Prop Balancer...

I have watched some Youtube Videos to learn the best way to do this. One video says (and I seem to agree) is that sanding isn't the way to go with the GWS Tri-Blade Props because of how thin they are. So tape is the better solution. However, I can't seem to balance all three props. There are always two that seem too heavy to balance completely. I find myself putting tape all along the prop length and I run out of room, which seems so ridiculous... I admit, I'm doing something wrong...

I am reaching out to the Tri-Blade experts out there who have a lot of experience with these props and got me interested in using them, (martcerv, jumanoc, rilot). Any help or hints on how to balance these props would be much appreciated. I have learned a lot from you guys and am very grateful for all your input on this forum...

Thanks!

PS: I have already 'fit' the prop hole for the Phantom, and added the 8mm inserts on both sides of the hole for a nice tight fit on the motor shaft.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl