Balance rod for Phantom 4

Reaction score
I just found out that you can get a really high precision prop balance rod especially designed for the Phantom 4 props from www.rcpilotsupply.com. They are great folks to deal with and the price includes the shipping!
Ira

Do you have one? If so, how do you like it?

Got a photo? I'm just wondering what it looks like.

No worries. I thought maybe you could snap one since you own one.

I double-checked and see they have a photo. I guess I missed it the first time I visited.

Untitled.png

I am 71 years old, I know how to take photos but I don't know how to upload them (yet!) but I am working on that:>)

What are retaining fingers?

Think of a wheel being out of balance on a car or if the drive shaft is out of balance. You will get a vibration that will affect performance and video quality.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just use the rod that comes with the Dubro balancer, fits almost as if it were made exactly for the P4 prop.

12946182-0F53-41B3-AC8B-6B409A8DE934_zps9xnd2sq0.jpg

Do u find that your props are out of balance? I was under the impression that the -p4 props are made to a high tolerance and are well balanced from the factory.

About half of my P4 props were a little off balance. That's been the usual for all of the Phantoms I've purchased in the past though.

The Speedy Prop Balance rod I bought for the Phantom 4 is made to perfectly fit the center hole in the props. I tried my Dubro rod and it was kind of sloppy and hey, for $11.00 delivered how can you go wrong:>)

If out of balance, then what? Add scotch tape to the blade at various points until in balance like you do with a ceiling fan blade? Lol.

Half joking.....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The Speedy Prop Balance rod I bought for the Phantom 4 is made to perfectly fit the center hole in the props. I tried my Dubro rod and it was kind of sloppy and hey, for $11.00 delivered how can you go wrong:>)

You and I must've gotten different rods with the Dubro...Mine is tight in the middle of the prop hole, tight enough that I can even hear the air being displaced when i put it in and suction when I pull it out...

Last edited:
I was going to buy one, but when some of these guys I respect a LOT, who have many hours and Inspire's and P2/3/4s tell of DJI having excellent prop tooling and making process, I declined, and coming from a RC airplane hobby back in the day, you'd never think of flying your plane without balancing the prop.

If out of balance, then what? Add scotch tape to the blade at various points until in balance like you do with a ceiling fan blade? Lol.

Half joking.....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
That's exactly how you balance them, tiny piece of tape, or with wood ppl used to sand a little off one side, you can also do this with plastic, I dunno, I'd like to be sure, but until I see problems, I have to take for granted that they're pretty well balanced at factory. Some guys said every prop they tested was balanced and no longer even test them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues