Bakersfield Area Pilots

Reaction score
As a new pilot, I was wondering if there were any other Phantom pilots in the Bakersfield area who would like to possibly get together and fly or exchange ideas and info?

Hi. Good to hear from someone in Bako. I live in the Southwest part of town. How about you? I have been flying for only about 2 months. I have a Phantom 2 with a H3 3D gimbal and a Go Pro Hero 3+ Black Edition. I ordered the P2 with the gimbal uninstalled to learn to fly before hanging a $400 camera underneath. I am now ready to put it all together and see how it goes with video and pics. I also have a Black Pearl FPV monitor setup I am anxious to try. What are you flying and where do you fly? It would be great to get together sometime and compare notes. Get back to me and maybe we can set something up, if you don't mind getting together with a rookie. Hope to hear back from you, and thanks for responding.....

I too live in the SW part of town...I'm at Buena Vista & Panama.

I am also a rookie with just a few flights under my belt...however I decided to start off with a P2 Vision and I'm happy with it. I figure that if I stick with this I'll invest more at a later date.

I've mostly been flying on the out skirts of town (lots of room and visibility). Where have you been flying at?

I am off of New Stine between Planz and Wilson. I have been flying at Silvercreek Park on Harris and at River Walk Park on Stockdale. They both have a lot of grassy open area, and enough line of sight for me to be comfortable. Maybe we could meet sometime either there or where you fly and have some time in the air and compare notes on the hobby. I would really like to talk to someone who is as new as I am and see what their experiences have been. I have tons of questions, and so far have directed them to the guy I bought my P2 from and other dealers who do not seem to mind taking the time to answer them. Let me know what you think and maybe we can log some flight time. Flying right at dusk is great. The Phantom's lights make it real easy to determine the orientation of the drone.

I sent you a private message. Let me know if you get it and I will send you my # as well. I am still learning how to use this forum. Once I get your # I will check in and we can see about flying sometime. Thanks.

Hello, I have been looking into getting a DJI phantom but don't know witch one to get. It would be really cool to meet some of you, and really see how it all works, and see how hard they are to flight. I don't really know how to work this forum but I will try to send a private message.

Wish fresno had a multirotor club

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hey, just got a P4P a couple months ago, I fly evenings, lot of time at Eons lane, where the bike path ends, neat out there.
Would b e glad to meet up. I'm retired, so I got time.:)

Hey, just got a P4P a couple months ago, I fly evenings, lot of time at Eons lane, where the bike path ends, neat out there.
Would b e glad to meet up. I'm retired, so I got time.:)

Interesting and open and deserted area in Google Earth, but I've heard it is eleven thousand degrees out there too even in the evenings! Bakersfield is an inferno!

I've flown at the soccer field south of Bakersfield (Taft Hwy?) when State Farm owned it, but they turned it over to the city parks department and we know how that goes.

DJI_0165.jpg

It is hot, during the summer, even at night. Days lately have been too hot, over the 103f that is the limit of the DJI Drone. So, flying in the evening is best for me.
There is lots of open, that's for sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4