Bahamas Travel

Reaction score
ok need info from anybody that has been to the Bahamas recently with there drone.
I know new rules were enacted and drone will not be let through customs without prior registration form with the Department of Civil Aviation.However i have tried 3 times to call them and no ones answers the phone ,I have emailed them 3 times with no reply. I have shot great family trip video in Jamaica, turks and Caicos, Mexico, St Thomas and Aruba with no issues but Nassau and exuma seem to be a problem
Any customs info would be great

Seems a lot of places are catching on with the popularity of drones and busy creating regulations. Hopefully you can get that sorted out.

Funny 'nuff, I saw you drone vid some time ago when I was looking up drone videos in Turks & Caicos. I was down there for a couple weeks doing some resort photoshoots and brought my P3A down with me for fun. Every time I flew near Beaches, I'd lose signal. I flew from both sides of the resort too and most times I more than doubled the distance going the other direction from Beaches. lol

Seems a lot of places are catching on with the popularity of drones and busy creating regulations. Hopefully you can get that sorted out.

Funny 'nuff, I saw you drone vid some time ago when I was looking up drone videos in Turks & Caicos. I was down there for a couple weeks doing some resort photoshoots and brought my P3A down with me for fun. Every time I flew near Beaches, I'd lose signal. I flew from both sides of the resort too and most times I more than doubled the distance going the other direction from Beaches. lol

Yes they have some pretty powerful wifi repeaters on each building. Funny when I was making that video the coast guard copter would spot it on my sunset trips from way out over ocean and fly in and circle around the resort I would always come low or land as to not cause issues but never came of anything

Reactions: Trinimon
ok need info from anybody that has been to the Bahamas recently with there drone.
I know new rules were enacted and drone will not be let through customs without prior registration form with the Department of Civil Aviation.However i have tried 3 times to call them and no ones answers the phone ,I have emailed them 3 times with no reply. I have shot great family trip video in Jamaica, turks and Caicos, Mexico, St Thomas and Aruba with no issues but Nassau and exuma seem to be a problem
Any customs info would be great

Anyone please

Reactions: Nard
Nice info. Thx for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just Heard back from
By copy, our Air Transport Licensing/ATAB (Mr. Bradley Strachan, tel: 397-4756), and Flight Standards Inspectorate (Mr. Hubert Adderley, tel: 242-397-4725) sections, respectively, are being requested to facilitate you.

Regards,

Monique V. Hepburn
Office of the Director of Civil Aviation (Ag.

Here is were contact for travel info goes

Gregory Edwards
[email protected]

This is who you need to contact for Bahamas travel with drone. You need to contact 30 Days out with
1. Name
2. Adress
3.Phone Number
4.FAA registraction number
5. Were and when you plan to fly ( Approx with just travel dates and hotel info if recreational)
6. Type of drone with specs. Basic weight size and Battery Capacity

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20