Bag and Filters?

Reaction score
So I am looking at backpack and filters, I'll start with bags, although I know there are a bunch of threads on this already, I have a specific needs and need to see if anyone knows of any other options.

The backpack I need, needs to carry the drone with associated items, a 15" macbook pro, DSLR with 1 or 2 lens, gopro camera with some accessories, that kind of thing. The only ones that I know can do that are the Manfrotto bag, which is more than I want to spend and the PolarPro Dronetrekker which seems perfect and cost less. What do guys think? any other options? Oh yeah and needs to be carry on compatible for airlines, which the PolarPro says it is.

The ND filter set I'm looking at is the Neewer one, anybody have experience with that one?

I don't own a think tank bag but watched a ton of YouTube videos & pretty sure it will all fit. I bought a case club hard case & a cheap backpack. Case club case is very large & wouldn't recommend. In hindsight wish I had gotten helipak.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Think you might get that lot in a Helipak Think Tank, but looking at the pics on the BH website, you'd have zero space for batteries?

Think you might get that lot in a Helipak Think Tank, but looking at the pics on the BH website, you'd have zero space for batteries?

I see where you're going with that thought, but I'd only need at most right now maybe one additional battery, it might take some creative organization though.

I see where you're going with that thought, but I'd only need at most right now maybe one additional battery, it might take some creative organization though.
Yeah, you might get one in the A/C, but given your requirement for other DSLR gear, I think you'll struggle to jam another somewhere else.

I bought and Ultimaxx which is almost exactly the same the Manfrotto and for only $50 on eBay! I gave it a shot and got one. It's great especially for the price. As for filters I bought Neewer PL/ND filters. A bit heavier than the plain ND but very little colour cast and the polarizer is helpful.

Ultimaxx on eBay
Neewer Neutral Density - Polarizers

I bought and Ultimaxx which is almost exactly the same the Manfrotto and for only $50 on eBay! I gave it a shot and got one. It's great especially for the price. As for filters I bought Neewer PL/ND filters. A bit heavier than the plain ND but very little colour cast and the polarizer is helpful.

Ultimaxx on eBay
Neewer Neutral Density - Polarizers

Yeah, I just can't decide on filters to get, with heavier filters, will they have an effect on the gimbal motors?

Now your making this a little hard, I like the way this bag organizes things. Do you think it will hold a Nikon D7100 with added battery grip and a Nikkor 17-55mm f2.8? Maybe disassembled?

no problem with that. I have a Canon 6D with a 24-70 with room to spare. The filters see to be fine and don't seem to affect the gimbal at all.

Reactions: gryffinwings
So, I went with the Think Tank Airport Helipak for DJI Phantom. This thing has plenty of room, for my D7100 with battery grip attached, lens, GoPro, GoPro Handle, my Macbook Pro, etc, and I still have room for a battery or too. The other thing I like about this bag, is that it's comfortable, even with all those items. I'll post a photo later with my bag packed with all the things I will be taking on my trip.

Reactions: The Ghost

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik