Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Baffled

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by BDinLV, Mar 17, 2016.

1. BDinLV

The last time I flew was 3-14, before the latest updates to DJI Go app and Phantom 3 came out. I went through my normal pre-flight and start up procedures. I got a notice on the screen that a firmware update was required (I was on 1.6.006). After I place the bird in its take off position, I also routinely re-set the home point. When I did that I got a notice on the screen stating the home point location had not been stored. Tried it a few more times and got the same thing. Since I only planned a few short flights where I would always have visual contact and everything else seemed to be operating normally, I took off and hovered for a bit and checked responsiveness to the controls. Everything was fine so I moved off and flew around without incident for several minutes until I made a dumb mistake and had an unfortunate encounter with some sage brush and sand – totally my fault.

I was out of commission for a couple of days while I got all the sand out of the Phantom and checked to make sure nothing else was wrong. By this time the updates had come out. I updated the DJI Go App to 2.7.1. I noticed that the Home Point icon was no longer showing on the main screen, but I did find it on the MC Settings drop down menu – Is this the new normal?

To make a long story short, I updated the Phantom to 1.7.6, the R/C to 1.5.8 and the App to 2.7.1. I am having the following issues – I get an intermittent notice on starting the R/C that I need to update the firmware (recall that this was happening before there was an update and also before the crash). When I check the versions of installed software it says “unknown” for the R/C. If I power down and then restart, it may detect the version correctly, it may not. I have re-installed 1.5.8 a couple of times now. The home point seems to set ok on startup, but I am still having no luck re-setting it from the app. I have changed the lightning cable a couple of times because I couldn’t think of anything else to do.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong???

Forgot to mention that I was also having trouble doing a compass calibration.

#1 BDinLV, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  2. alokbhargava

App screen layout has changed drastically with 2.7.1 update, its normal what you are seeing.

You may have to reboot and wait to see correct firmware updates. Its a good practice to reboot App/ RC/ P3 after any installation.

3. BDinLV

Good to know on the screen layout but so far as the reboot goes, I've done that. Several times.