Baffled

Reaction score
The last time I flew was 3-14, before the latest updates to DJI Go app and Phantom 3 came out. I went through my normal pre-flight and start up procedures. I got a notice on the screen that a firmware update was required (I was on 1.6.006). After I place the bird in its take off position, I also routinely re-set the home point. When I did that I got a notice on the screen stating the home point location had not been stored. Tried it a few more times and got the same thing. Since I only planned a few short flights where I would always have visual contact and everything else seemed to be operating normally, I took off and hovered for a bit and checked responsiveness to the controls. Everything was fine so I moved off and flew around without incident for several minutes until I made a dumb mistake and had an unfortunate encounter with some sage brush and sand – totally my fault.

I was out of commission for a couple of days while I got all the sand out of the Phantom and checked to make sure nothing else was wrong. By this time the updates had come out. I updated the DJI Go App to 2.7.1. I noticed that the Home Point icon was no longer showing on the main screen, but I did find it on the MC Settings drop down menu – Is this the new normal?

To make a long story short, I updated the Phantom to 1.7.6, the R/C to 1.5.8 and the App to 2.7.1. I am having the following issues – I get an intermittent notice on starting the R/C that I need to update the firmware (recall that this was happening before there was an update and also before the crash). When I check the versions of installed software it says “unknown” for the R/C. If I power down and then restart, it may detect the version correctly, it may not. I have re-installed 1.5.8 a couple of times now. The home point seems to set ok on startup, but I am still having no luck re-setting it from the app. I have changed the lightning cable a couple of times because I couldn’t think of anything else to do.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong???

Forgot to mention that I was also having trouble doing a compass calibration.

Last edited:
App screen layout has changed drastically with 2.7.1 update, its normal what you are seeing.

You may have to reboot and wait to see correct firmware updates. Its a good practice to reboot App/ RC/ P3 after any installation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj