Bad wobbles. Need help please

Reaction score
Hi Gang- even after re-calibrating and compass headings w/in normal range, and sycnhed w/satellites (on GSP setting) my Phantom goes into wild gyrations on take off.
I had at least 5 good test flights beforehand w/ 2 crashes. Maybe a clue: gyrations first happend when I put my GoPro 3 on and tried to fly. Wireless wasnt shut off. I removed Gopro and problem continues. Props are scuffed and I swapped out tweaked ones...w/no change. Do motors bend or get out of alingment
Has anyone reset factory settings? Is that an option? Frustrated.
thanks

reminder as to not have the gopro wifi function On when flying as this is a known possible interference source.

I would go ahead and do an advance calibration on the IMU through the NAZA software to see if this solves your issue. If problem persists, double check your motors to see if there is anything unusual with them.

is this "wobbling" only happening when you take off and not in flight?

edit: following is the DJI video on calibration. hope it helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... WWinX3m23A

thanks auck--yes, I cant get it 2 feet off the ground w/o serious gyrations. I'll try the advanced re-cal on NAZA. The basic recal fucntion seemed to take care of any issues, up to this point.

Nuts, threaded posts, and motors all look normal and lay flat when upside down on a table...hard to say.

Anyone know where to get good replacement props? Anyone ever use the "restore factory settings" in NAZA?

Lastly, is there any special calibration required to fly w/ extra weight of GoPro?

Thanks!!!

Very odd.
hopefully there's nothing seriously wrong with your Phantom.
did you mess with the NAZA settings to begin with? If so, I'd probably recommend restoring to factory settings, it couldn't hurt.

there's no need to do any calibrations to account for the GoPro, the NAZA takers care of imbalances automatically.

almost all DJI dealers now have replacement props in stock.
-both white and black versions (which are the same)

If its the severe wobbling in place, try doing a transmitter calibration... (A5 in the Advanced Manual).

It worked for me when mine did that.

RE:p almost all DJI dealers now have replacement props in stock.

White one weight average = 6.15 g.
Black one = 6.50 g.
Black one is "slightly" stiffer due to the carbon additives.
Lastly the black one has NO rotation direction mark on it.
Otherwise either color has the same length & pitch (8x5)

Sac D said:
If its the severe wobbling in place, try doing a transmitter calibration... (A5 in the Advanced Manual).

It worked for me when mine did that.

Thanks Sac D (and others) I'll try a transmitter calibration...didnt even think of it.
Yep, I found spare props and mods to make 8 x 5's work as well.

I'll get 'er figgered out...I cant wait to get back in the air and take on the next issue, which sounds like de-jello-ing!

Gizmo3000 said:
Very odd.
hopefully there's nothing seriously wrong with your Phantom.
did you mess with the NAZA settings to begin with? If so, I'd probably recommend restoring to factory settings, it couldn't hurt.

there's no need to do any calibrations to account for the GoPro, the NAZA takers care of imbalances automatically.

almost all DJI dealers now have replacement props in stock.

Hi Can I ask how to carry out a reset to factory settings...
Thanks

I had the wobbling at take off too. My problem was that I had under "Basic"-> "Aircraft", I had "Quad-rotor I", instead of "Quad-rotor x". If you click the default button, it picks "Quad-rotor I", even though this is not right for a Phantom. If you are trying to set everything to default, I can see how you could get in that state.

alex-herault said:
Gizmo3000 said:
Hi Can I ask how to carry out a reset to factory settings...
Thanks

The default configuration settings can be downloaded from the DJI website Phantom downloads: http://www.dji-innovations.com/download ... downloads/

I downloaded them when I did the update to 2.12, since I wasn't sure whether or not the original settings had changed with the updates since I bought it.

Also, referencing stargazer75's post about the Quad-rotor "I" vs. "X" settings and wobbles from this setting being wrong (on "I"), I had the same problem when I updated. I'm not positive it was the update, since I may have done it accidentally myself, but I got a case of severe wobbles after the update and traced it to this setting being wrong. It was pretty spooky until I found the problem!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik