Bad Video

Reaction score
Need some advice / help... I have a P2 with newly purchased H3-3D gimbal and Go Pro 4 Black.

Seems like i am getting alot of "static" randomly in some of my videos? any advice - is it prop wash or something else more sinister??? i never had that much prop wash before in my videos

https://vimeo.com/113531052

tebowner said:
Need some advice / help... I have a P2 with newly purchased H3-3D gimbal and Go Pro 4 Black.

Seems like i am getting alot of "static" randomly in some of my videos? any advice - is it prop wash or something else more sinister??? i never had that much prop wash before in my videos

https://vimeo.com/113531052
Are you talking about the horizontal banding in the first half of the video?
This comes from facing the sun and the camera is getting strobing from the propellers.
You can try a different FOV on the camera. I like 2.7K, 48fps, medium FOV.
Others have had success with lens shades.

Lovely smooth video mate. As someone else said, it is sunlight broken up by the props. Easiest solution is a small piece of tape on top of the lens as a hood, adds no weight, takes a minute to fix and will get rid of 90% of that phenomena. More permanent solution a ND filter but they do vary in quality and there are different grades. I find a 2 stop the best compromise and a 4 stop cuts out too much light.

martybabe said:
Lovely smooth video mate. As someone else said, it is sunlight broken up by the props. Easiest solution is a small piece of tape on top of the lens as a hood, adds no weight, takes a minute to fix and will get rid of 90% of that phenomena. More permanent solution a ND filter but they do vary in quality and there are different grades. I find a 2 stop the best compromise and a 4 stop cuts out too much light.

Yeah agree with that, i put ND filter 2 stop also on my gopro, it's called polarpro. It's works fine, but it's bit bulkier and about 2 grams heavier than the blurfix filter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31