Bad video signal on short range?

Reaction score
Hello... OK i admit I bought low budget FPV kit from eBay.
But anyway is it normal to have video noise on few meter distance???
Look video: https://vimeo.com/110567401

I still have standard anntenas. I ordered circular ones...
Do you think this is the issue?

Thank you for help,
Erik

erikhrast said:
Hello... OK i admit I bought low budget FPV kit from eBay.
Look video: https://vimeo.com/110567401

I still have standard anntenas. I ordered circular ones...
Do you think this is the issue?

Thank you for help,
Erik

First off, it depends on the kit you bought, ie the power of the Tx, and whether the channels are an exact match on the Rx. Sorting out better antennas will almost certainly help. What kit was it?

Have you tried it outside to get an idea of how far you can get before breakup of the image, in a clear line of sight area?

Have you checked the channels on the Tx and Rx are set to the same? The dip switch combinations will be different, so use the user manual for each to select a channel, and see what kind of range you get outside. Then cycle through the channels and repeat until you get the strongest signal. Then try it with the new antennas. It should increase the range to at least a couple of hundred meters. You may need a patch/helical antenna on the receiver for more range than that.

Do you mean that differet channels has different (better) signal?
Currently I have CH1 5705Mhz on both..

When I'm testing things inside (not flying) I get a lot of interference on my screen .
Have you taken it outside for a fly ?

erikhrast said:
Do you mean that differet channels has different (better) signal?
Currently I have CH1 5705Mhz on both..

Yes, quite possibly. Especially if there is interference locally on your current channel.

Im waiting at the moment to get better LiPo battery to supply LCD and receiver.. then I will try again.

Yes.
As your Phantom moves, you will experience some dropout every 25.8 mm. This is why diversity receivers are recommended for this kind of operation. Better antennas will help the range but you will always have dead spots every 25mm. Even with the best optimized setups you will get an occasional dropout from reflections, especially near buildings.

Today I fly on open area... my signal is lost after ap. 10m..
Why? :(

Don't know what frequency is remote controller..

If the remote control is using 5.8 , the P2V+ uses this frequency , then this would cause interference on the video signal.I noticed on your video that it was when you used the sticks that you lost signal.

Operating frequency should be on specification label at the back of the remote ,mine says 5.728-5.858 GHz.

It really looks like your Video transmitter or receiver is having a defect.
Try it without antenna on the receiver, is it the same? In that case the receiver is defect in some way. Could be the antenna connector. Never try this on the Tx side because you will fry the transmitter without antenna mounted.

I think I found out what's wrong... TX is CH1 and RX is CH8 !!! wtf
With this settings the video is not lost if I walk indoor from room to room... I must try it outside.
Waiting for better weather... will let you know :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20