Bad Video Quality?

Reaction score
Hello, I have just received my P3A and went on my first test flight and the photo quality was amazing. However, looking back at the video footage (When I finally managed to view it on QuickTime player) It was quite grainy and kept jumping every few seconds. I was filming at 2.7K 30fps. I would appreciate any suggestions as to why this is happening or a possible fix! Thank you in advance.

Pics or it didn't happen.

We can't tell you much from your description. And we ARE talking about the video from the SD card, NOT the tablet / phone, correct?

Reactions: Ollie613
Pics or it didn't happen.

We can't tell you much from your description. And we ARE talking about the video from the SD card, NOT the tablet / phone, correct?

Hello, yes I am talking about the sd card footage - The one from the phone is obviously low resolution but it doesn't jump as the sd card footage does

I can't believe that I've been flying P3p for over a year now and I still get frightening glitches on my iPad mini while flying. Once I got one that actually was the battery quitting and cost me 881 buckaroos.... Please fix.. I also have the H and it doesn't do that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

yes it is. The gimbal guard is off right ? lol sorry just makin sure.

try recording with just the drone on, no motors, hold it like a camera and walk around, while doing this, try all different resolutions.

yes it is. The gimbal guard is off right ? lol sorry just makin sure.

try recording with just the drone on, no motors, hold it like a camera and walk around, while doing this, try all different resolutions.

Thanks! I've just tried that but unfortunately it seems to be the same. Perhaps it's the QuickTime player I'm using? (Windows media player doesn't even start the video)

It could be that your computer can't handle video at 2.7K. Take one at 1080P and see if it fixes the jump.

SB

Yes it's most likely your computer. I have the same issue viewing 4K clips since I have a 2009 iMac. But it plays just fine after importing to iMovie timeline. I think iMovie compresses the 4K clips especially I'm exporting it to 1080p. When I get my license and start making money on the side with my P3P, then I will purchase a better desktop and post pro software.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31