Bad video file...can it be salvaged.

Reaction score
I have a video file that wont open. I think I turned off the battery before I hit the stop record button. I have read that this can corrupt the file. Does anyone know how to salvage the file?

Thanks

:D
Yes, I've done that.
Put the card back into the bird and go back though startup. In most cases the file will finish writing.

If not, there are video recovery programs which other pilots have resorted to. Someone chime in if Gonefishing has trouble.

Finlayson
I tried that software but can not get it to load properly. The directions are not very clear. I tried all the different command options and it will not work.

Thanks for the info anyway.

I tried to make those directions as clear as possible. What specifically did you have trouble with? (Are you running Windows or Mac OS X?) What error message got displayed when you tried to run the command?

Ross.

I had the same issue. Just put the SD card back in the bird. Turn the bird on, wait about 30 seconds for it to finish writing, turn her off and it should be good.

I would put it back in the bird but bird is at bottom of lake right now. Rescue mission in T-minus 20hrs.

I never could get the CMD function to work. It key saaying all rights reserved. So I never could get to the "cd" part to find the program. I do have the program and the messed up file in the same folder though.

That's strange; I don't know why it's not working for you.

As an alternative, you could upload the upload the file to a web server, and email the URL to djifix(at)live555.com. I'll then download it and take a look at it, to see if it can be repaired.

Ross.

Ok so I now have a file that says repaired and is call Dji00403-repaired.h264 and I can not do anything with that either.

How I ended up at this point was I just grabbed the file and drug it over to the djifix program icon and let go. It opened up a black window that had 7 options. It had the option of pressing 0-6 which each option asked you what your recording quality was ( 1080p 60 for example ) it sks had a note that said if unsure of quality press 2 then enter. A few minutes later I had a new file that is listed above but now what???

Gonefishing51077 said:
Ok so I now have a file that says repaired and is call Dji00403-repaired.h264 and I can not do anything with that either.

How I ended up at this point was I just grabbed the file and drug it over to the djifix program icon and let go. It opened up a black window that had 7 options. It had the option of pressing 0-6 which each option asked you what your recording quality was ( 1080p 60 for example ) it sks had a note that said if unsure of quality press 2 then enter. A few minutes later I had a new file that is listed above but now what???

This is explained on my web page (and in the diagnostic output from the "djifix" command). The file "DJI00403-repaired.h264" should be playable by the VLC media player - which can be downloaded from http://www.videolan.org/VLC/

Ross.

Ok the software doest show in the file where it saved so I found the convert option in your software but when it finishes converting it says VLV can't recognize the inputs format.

It was worth a shot.

Now you can tell people to just drag their video over the djifix icon and it will auto launch your software. Hope that helps. Sure beats the CMD method.

OK, as a last resort, you can upload the original broken file (not the "DJI00403-repaired.h264" file) to a web server somewhere, and email me the URL (to djifix(at)live555.com ). I'll then see if I can repair it (and convert it back to a playable MP4 file).

Ross.

FINLAYSON , thanks it great i really have to say you save my afternoon - and definitly a donation has been done . I really really feel thankfull . One question do you recomend a particular software for video editing that can be vary easy to learn

Gaaia, thanks for the donation; I'm glad the "djifix" software was useful for you.

For video editing, I use "iMovie" on a Mac.

Ross.

Thanks to all people contributing to make this a healthy hobby. I, like others have been using the wonderful djifix.exe, but sometimes it does not repair my videos, so I looked further and found some pieces of software (all console application) which requires a lot of effort and knowledge to build the proper command line, so I made my own GUI application (using those apps) which until now has been able to fix all my P3P damaged videos. I like to share with you all to download, its pretty easy to use. Only choose (browse for) a good video from your disk with the same settings of the damaged one and then choose the damaged video and click fix it, the app will do everything it need to fix it, you will have a new working video in the same folder the application started. I hope it works for you all: download it here
FIX-DJI.zip

Thanks to all people contributing to make this a healthy hobby. I, like others have been using the wonderful djifix.exe, but sometimes it does not repair my videos, so I looked further and found some pieces of software (all console application) which requires a lot of effort and knowledge to build the proper command line, so I made my own GUI application (using those apps) which until now has been able to fix all my P3P damaged videos. I like to share with you all to download, its pretty easy to use.

If you used my "djifix" source code in your application, remember that the "djifix" source code is licensed under the GPL, so you are also required to release the source code for your application as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav