Bad vibration causing jello effect. (FIXED)

Reaction score
A little background info

3 weeks ago i blew the dust off my drone after a few months of it sitting. When I started her up I was notified about a firmware update so I went ahead and downloaded the update and started the process. After about 10 or 15 minutes I noticed a solid red light and a audible alert coming from the drone. I tried again and again it failed. I checked the log and found 2 errors 008 and 015. DJI support said it needed to sent to them for repair. So I sent it off, about a week later they said it was the main board I believe they called it thee ecm board. So I paid the 220.00 they wanted to fixed and waited for it to be shipped back. I received it yesterday and right away i knew something was wrong. When I powered it up i heard a load vibration the gimbal was shaking the plastic mounts. I performed a imu, gimbal and compass calibration. I aslo tightened the screw behind the gimbal which helped but my video has some pretty bad vibration at times .

DJI now wants me to send it back again. I have searched and searched and have tried everything suggested does anyone have any other ideas? I am not sending it back to DJI does anyone know of someone that can repair it close to NY? I will post a video when it finishes uploading.

I had the same problem when I decided to put all 4 pegs in the supports. When I went back to the factory default 2 with 4 rubber dampers it went away. Ymmv.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Instead of flying over populated areas, bring up the P3 in your back yard and watch what it is doing when it vibrates. Does the whole craft vibrate - suggesting a bad motor / out of balance motor or prop or motor mount issue? Does the gimbal vibrate?

Hmm. I had something similar. I discovered that I had tightened the screw when the aircraft was upside down and not standing on its feet. I loosened the screw and re-tightened it in the upright position and that cured it. Worth a try?
Last night I went back and rechecked the screw to make sure it was tightened on the flat side of the shaft and that it was centered. With it standing upright, unfortunately it did not help.

Instead of flying over populated areas, bring up the P3 in your back yard and watch what it is doing when it vibrates. Does the whole craft vibrate - suggesting a bad motor / out of balance motor or prop or motor mount issue? Does the gimbal vibrate?

With the drone hovering right in front of I see the gimbal have the vibration. It doesn't really have a pattern to the vibration like i have read in some cases. If I have the drone sitting with no props or motors running, just powered on and I tap the camera gentle I can sometimes get the vibration. I have seen the videos where the set screw was loose and that is the best way I can describe the noise and vibration. Unfortunately the screw is tight.

One thing that I have noticed is the camera has some play in all directions where it connects to the gimbal not sure if this normal or not.

If by 'play' you mean anything other than rotation along the gimbal axes, no, that's not normal.

If by 'play' you mean anything other than rotation along the gimbal axes, no, that's not normal.
By play I mean if I move the camera up and down or front to back there is movement. I am guessing this is the issue I am also guessing this would mean I need a knew gimbal and camera? I cant find any information on replacing that part off the gimbal.

I watched a cable replacement video to find the issue. There is another set screw to hold the camera to the motor. I took it apart and sure enough the screw was loose. Unfortunately I must of damaged the cable because I have no video back to the remote. Its not disconnected the video sent back is a rainbow. I ordered a new cable and will post back if it doesn't work. As of right now the camera is rock solid with no vibration. If anyone else has the issue follow the cable replacement videos. I made the mistake of removing the cable at the camera rather than removing the whole cable. Which is how I damage my cable.

Reactions: FLBoyZ06 and Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1