Bad start for a newbie

Glad it worked out.. If the P3 is shipped without the gimbal lock I can see easily how it can be damaged.. DJI doesn't have the most careful employees in the shipping dept.. I have two friends with Phantoms that had minor things wrong when the box was first opened

So, final update from me on this thread. It arrived yesterday and after about 3 hours of charging, firmware updating, imu calibration and general checking I took it out for its first gentle flight. Beginner mode on, I flew for about 17 minutes at a local running track. It was great, I'm really happy. I'm glad I've spent time practicing on the Syma X5C because the P3S is so easy in comparison and I feel confident with the controls.

Thanks for all the advice and support - I'm especially pleased I started in beginner mode as it would've been very tempting to fly too far & high on my first time. I think I'll turn it off next flight and slowly increase the limits manually using the app settings over the next few flights.

I'm absolutely delighted that I've finally got a Phantom after the years of dreaming and I'm looking forward to many hours of flying and aerial photography from now on.

Reactions: GregWV
Glad it's all sorted. Just need some decent weather now. At least it's not too long until spring though.

Glad it worked out.. If the P3 is shipped without the gimbal lock I can see easily how it can be damaged.. DJI doesn't have the most careful employees in the shipping dept.. I have two friends with Phantoms that had minor things wrong when the box was first opened

FYI All P3's get shipped without the gimbal lock in place. I'm a dealer and every single box we have opened up the gimbal clamp is not installed properly. Well over 100 units.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl