Bad signal, BlackPearl

OI Photography said:
Those antennae won't work with the Flysight Transmitter, it has SMA and they are RP-SMA. You'll need to be sure of which connector type your Black Pearl has....if it's 32 channels and you bought it at rangevideo then it has RP-SMA.

Use this guide for the connector types: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22736

Yes, BP has RP-SMA, so I need an adapter to fit the transmitter. Or I need antennas with SMA(I already have adapter for it to fit the BP).

ATOMSK said:
I'm pretty new, but if you have a different connection on your BP with RP-SMA, it sounds like you have the 32 channel model. That one doesn't work as well as the 7 channel model, which they say is set up specifically for the Immersion and Fatshark Transmitters.

read the description here
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Black-Pearl- ... annel.html

Sorry for joining back in this thread again a week later. I too have the same Black Pearl monitor and the 600mW Immersion RC transmitter. I too use SMA adapters. I think they came with the Blue Beam antennas.
Here are my suggestions.
Make sure your monitor always has two antennas hooked up. I was once told that starting up the monitor or transmitter without the antennas connected will damage the monitor or transmitter. I am not positive that that is true for the monitor.
I think it is all about the antennas, so I strongly recommend hooking up a 5 or 9 turn Helical antenna to get range. There are many different ones sold out there.

Here is my setup.
-DJI iOSD Mini
-DJI FPV Hub
-ImmersionRC - 5.8 GHz 600mW Tx
-Black Pearl Monitor RC801 with Diversity
-IBCrazy 5.8Ghz Bluebeam Ultra Antennas
-IBCrazy 5.8GHz 9.5dbic Helical Antenna

Depending on ideal atmospheric conditions, I have had success out to 3+ miles or 5200 meters. The Helical antenna gets me that range. The Blue Beam ultras are good for closer distances. That is with a clear line of sight with no trees or buildings blocking my view. On a bad day I get a clear video out to 1 mile or 1600 meters. On a normal day out to 3000 meters. I do get video fade when the Phantom 2 turns and the on-board antenna points away from me.
I run on Band E channel 2 or 3. This setting does not make sense based on the Frequency charts for the tx and monitor, but it is the one that works best with my setup.

I just received the 7channel one. And the signal is even worse with this compared to the 32channel. Band F channel 4, div. Tried Rx1, and got some wierd looking splitscreen. Not possible to fly, but I got something. But what am I doing wrong? Is there some interference I should know about? Using one Fatshark and one standard black one. Enoying as hell! Is my tx burned? Havent ever turned it on without the antenna.

Haugen said:
I just received the 7channel one. And the signal is even worse with this compared to the 32channel. Band F channel 4, div. Tried Rx1, and got some wierd looking splitscreen. Not possible to fly, but I got something. But what am I doing wrong? Is there some interference I should know about? Using one Fatshark and one standard black one. Enoying as hell! Is my tx burned? Havent ever turned it on without the antenna.

Is the monitor screen image "flipping" or "flickering"? Make sure you set it(Blue Pearl) to NTSC and not PAL. Mine hooked up out of the box was set to PAL and it was unusable that way. I could see the image, but it was flipping so fast It wasn't worth flying like that.

How do I change band on the Black Pearl. I can't figure it out, even if I have the manual in front of me. How to I change PAL/NTSC settings?

Edit: Ahh, had to press the power-button after pressing the mode-button...

Have you by any chance applied power to your transmitter without an antenna hooked up? Do have access to a friend or someone else to try a another transmitter?

Haugen said:
How do I change band on the Black Pearl. I can't figure it out, even if I have the manual in front of me. How to I change PAL/NTSC settings?

Edit: Ahh, had to press the power-button after pressing the mode-button...

did you find it? Does it work now?

ATOMSK said:
Haugen said:

Is the monitor screen image "flipping" or "flickering"? Make sure you set it(Blue Pearl) to NTSC and not PAL. Mine hooked up out of the box was set to PAL and it was unusable that way. I could see the image, but it was flipping so fast It wasn't worth flying like that.

Son of a...
Of course! Thank you, thank you, ATOMSK! Big kisses!!!
Gopro was set to NTSC and Black Pearl to PAL. I live in Europe, so I'm guessing I should be on PAL. Any difference between PAL and NTSCH? At least, both GoPro and Black Pearl have to be hooked up the same.

****, why couldn't I figure out that when I was on the mountain. Screen was flickering way to much!

I dont' know what the difference is except that different countries use different settings in their devices. I can't tell which is better in terms of quality or signal. Maybe someone will chime in.

If it makes you feel better, i think everyone gets stumped with this one. I scratched my head about it for an hour after I had mine set up. Luckly, I wasn't trying to get it up in the air and I was just goofing off with it in my living room.

ATOMSK said:
I dont' know what the difference is except that different countries use different settings in their devices. I can't tell which is better in terms of quality or signal. Maybe someone will chime in.

If it makes you feel better, i think everyone gets stumped with this one. I scratched my head about it for an hour after I had mine set up. Luckly, I wasn't trying to get it up in the air and I was just goofing off with it in my living room.

Thanks!
And today it's windy, so I'm guessing it's out of the question to fly. But I'm driving out. Want to test my range when I'm finally found the right equipment and settings.
Thanks to everyone!

Hello. I have a problem with my Black Pearl Monitor and wondered if someone could help me resolve it please. I was fiddling with the menu options (not recommended!) and went into COLOR, then, PICTURE MODE, then hit SELF...for no reason other than curiosity. The monitor is now 'stuck' in the ''SELF' option, and so won't let me return from COLOR to the main menu.

Can some kind person tell me how to unlock the menu from 'self' please?

Thanks

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20