bad range

Reaction score
i have a p3standard and normally i can fly it 3/4 of a mile away and up very high but the othere day all the sudden i cant go 1/4 no were even close and i get weak controller signal and the signal lost i was only flying about 200ft and i had 9 to 11 satalites in view. how can i make my range back to normal?

i have a p3standard and normally i can fly it 3/4 of a mile away and up very high but the othere day all the sudden i cant go 1/4 no were even close and i get weak controller signal and the signal lost i was only flying about 200ft and i had 9 to 11 satalites in view. how can i make my range back to normal?

There are settings in your app (DJI GO, Litchi, etc.) that apply specifically to your phantom. If you've accidentally set limits on your altitude or distance (or accidentally turned on beginner mode), it may be a simple as removing (or extending) those numbers.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

There are settings in your app (DJI GO, Litchi, etc.) that apply specifically to your phantom. If you've accidentally set limits on your altitude or distance (or accidentally turned on beginner mode), it may be a simple as removing (or extending) those numbers.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
Approaching software/firmware limits would give the OP a different set of messages.
May be a simple case of interference. Try again on a different day or in a different location before you worry too much about potential hardware problems.

Radio signals are strange creatures. They never act in a consistent manner from one minute to the next. They are affected by a myriad of things. Too many to go into detail here. If it is interesting enough to you, find a book on radio propagation. I recommend one that is put out by the American Radio Relay League. (www.arrl.org). I am not implying that this is the problem with all cases. Your problem may be something else entirely. But the book is a good read if you like technical stuff. And it is pretty simple.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31