Bad Out of the Box?

Reaction score
Just received my Phantom three days ago but haven't been able to fly it. I think it is defective due to these facts:

- After power-up I either get rapid flashing red after a few seconds, or sometimes I get flashing yellow before turning to flashing red after two minutes).
- I get solid yellow by flipping transmitter switch 10 times for calibration.
- I get solid green after 360 degree horizontal calibration.
- I go back to rapid flashing red after 360 degree vertical calibration.
- I get solid green when connected to NAZA Assistant (NAZA M V2 & Firmware 3.12)
- NAZA Assistant gives “Low Voltage Error Code 4" with fully charged batteries.
-NAZA Assistant under Advanced/Voltage shows “Disconnected” under Current Voltage when Phantom is connected & other NAZA indicators show that I am connected. (same results whether Protection Switch in NAZA voltage is ON or OFF).

The flashing red can mean different issues but the NAZA is showing it to be a battery related issue when the batteries are fully charged (double checked with volt meter). I have tried both the Phantom battery & a second battery.
Am I missing an easy fix?

mikrob said:
Just received my Phantom three days ago but haven't been able to fly it. I think it is defective due to these facts:

- After power-up I either get rapid flashing red after a few seconds, or sometimes I get flashing yellow before turning to flashing red after two minutes).
- I get solid yellow by flipping transmitter switch 10 times for calibration.
- I get solid green after 360 degree horizontal calibration.
- I go back to rapid flashing red after 360 degree vertical calibration.
- I get solid green when connected to NAZA Assistant (NAZA M V2 & Firmware 3.12)
- NAZA Assistant gives “Low Voltage Error Code 4" with fully charged batteries.
-NAZA Assistant under Advanced/Voltage shows “Disconnected” under Current Voltage when Phantom is connected & other NAZA indicators show that I am connected. (same results whether Protection Switch in NAZA voltage is ON or OFF).

The flashing red can mean different issues but the NAZA is showing it to be a battery related issue when the batteries are fully charged (double checked with volt meter). I have tried both the Phantom battery & a second battery.
Am I missing an easy fix?

Have you reflashed your firmware? Followed by all the wonderful cali's?

I have upgraded the firmware & recalibrated a three times. The NAZA always gives Error 4 & always says disconnected in the Advanced/Voltage/Current Voltage.

Sounds like the cable connecting the battery to the board has bad soldering, the battery is fully charged, but the naza says its low and the red flashes are to say the battery is low!

The confusing part is that the NAZA doesn't see a connection under voltage so no other indicators should work either. But the connector & communicating lights are on, & GPS & compass measurements are working.

Was this problem every remedied? I am having the exact same issues. I'll be honest I will be kind of upset if its bad soldering because I paid an extra 90 bucks to BH to have it "professionally" put together because I don't trust my soldering all that much. What ended up fixing your problem?

Edgefox said:
Was this problem every remedied? I am having the exact same issues. I'll be honest I will be kind of upset if its bad soldering because I paid an extra 90 bucks to BH to have it "professionally" put together because I don't trust my soldering all that much. What ended up fixing your problem?

I ended up sending it back to the dealer. He also was confused at first but ended up replacing an internal part which solved the problem. I am not sure what part he replaced though.

Thanks for responding I'm going through both BH support and DJI support who are making me go through all of the battery check crap. (they said it sounds like a bad charger, even though the batteries were reading 12.6v) I will post here if/when I find out what the issue is.

Any lucky with a solution?

I just put my F550 together and the same problem. I did solder the connectors onto the batteries myself, but I dont think I did a bad job.

More over, curious, how would that be a problem? because a bad solder job wouldnt even complete the circuit right? (or am I getting that wrong?)

Like Mikrob I ended up sending mine back in as well, the replacement works perfectly. I think it is something to do with how the board reads the amount of power coming from the battery. But I don't have any sort of official statement to back that theory up

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik