Bad Motor or Bad ESC board (P3S)

Reaction score
I had a small 4 foot crash. I was able to get everything back up and running and calibrated. Everything works except one of the motors. I am not getting any indication of errors. Green lights are green, GPS reading satellites, wifi strong, and the motor feels normal. It turns by hand with no problem or noises.

Any way I can check if the motor is out or if I have a larger problem?

Send her in. I dumped mine. Low velocity low height like yours. One motor may have smoked up a bit in yours if they weren't shut of immediately. To kill the power both controls angle down and towards each other.

How can you tell one motor is faulty?

Reactions: Guardmy6
Send her in. I dumped mine. Low velocity low height like yours. One motor may have smoked up a bit in yours if they weren't shut of immediately. To kill the power both controls angle down and towards each other.

How can you tell one motor is faulty?
I can change the motor myself because I refuse to ship her off. Ha.
But it sounds like o change the motor. I did shut the motors off ASAP but I think that wasn't soon enough.
When I start the motors, all but the one in question come on. I just wasn't sure if there is a way to test the motor.

I had a small 4 foot crash. I was able to get everything back up and running and calibrated. Everything works except one of the motors. I am not getting any indication of errors. Green lights are green, GPS reading satellites, wifi strong, and the motor feels normal. It turns by hand with no problem or noises.

Any way I can check if the motor is out or if I have a larger problem?

One way is to swap the motor with a known good one to see if the problem follows.

Motors are typically very robust with only bearings to wear. This combined with improved over-current protection in the ESC make the ESC the weak link.

One way is to swap the motor with a known good one to see if the problem follows.

Motors are typically very robust with only bearings to wear. This combined with improved over-current protection in the ESC make the ESC the weak link.
Ya that's what I'm really afraid of. Thank You for the input.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic