Bad flight in Europe?

Reaction score
Im currently in portugal visiting for my honeymoon and really was excited to take my drone and get some of the sights.

Im having a lot of flight issues here for some reason.

I do not have a cell phone here, its just being used to connect via wifi to the controller so I can see whats going on and operate the camera, but no cell service or GPS on the phone itself, and Im noting Im losing signal A LOT, enough to where it makes flights very difficult to achieve the look im going for because after a few hundred FEET, it loses signal and tries to return to home.

Here is my last log from the flight that annoyed me:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

a little older flight

Is there any way to get better signal here between remote and the P3S?
I have a windsurfer and at home, I get way longer flights:

Any advice?
Thank you!

The P3S uses its GPS to detect in which region is operating, and adjusts power accordingly, so in Portugal (CE mode, 500m) you won't get the same range as in the US (FCC mode, 1000m).
If you're in Portugal right now and need a quick fix, try Magic Power or Icarus... from what I read, the latter is super-simple and does not require a computer.

Reactions: Dazzauk
The P3S uses its GPS to detect in which region is operating, and adjusts power accordingly.

So what happens if you do the magic power mod in say the uk. Where I live and then travel abroad.
Will you still looses tx power or will the magic power override ?

So what happens if you do the magic power mod in say the uk. Where I live and then travel abroad.
Will you still looses tx power or will the magic power override ?

From what I read, it seems Magic Power and Icarus can override whatever routine is responsible for setting the power based on AC position (CE vs FCC), but since I never tried neither one nor the other, I will let others respond and articulate on the subject.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj