Bad experience with B&H Photo

MrDrone27 said:
I was going to say the EXACT same thing. So basically if you aren't a Jew, they won't hire you. You stay classy, B&H. Very professional. :eek:

I'm not sure how we got from why we cannot be open on Saturdays to your presumption we don't or won't hire non-Jews. We have 1000+ employees and our staff overall is as varied as NYC itself.

For instance -- https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuRzN5LCIAIbDQg.jpg

I've been buying from B&H for many years. I find their service to be straightforward and reliable. That said, I've never done an RMA with them.

I will say that much like flyaway stories, when people protest their case like this, you're often not getting the full picture. No retailer is immune to screw ups but I'd be surprised if B&H acted in an unprofessional manner and then didn't try to resolve it.

This thread needlessly spiraled into a combative mess. I am not opposed to people venting their frustrations but if you have an unresolved issue, propose a realistic resolution. Keep it constructive. And religion and stereotyping really have no place anywhere on this forum, ever.

Re: Bad experience with B&H Photo

Maybe I can bring this back on topic.

Henry,

As of 12pm on Tuesday you were checking with customer service about having my Phantom picked up by UPS and re-routed to the correct address. I sent you an email this morning inquiring about the status.

Can you please advise?

This sounds like a personal and commercial type communication.

If so, does it belong here, in a public forum?

henryp said:
I think it is more suitable for matters related to your situation to be discussed via email. I have yours. When I have an update I will reply via email.

Agreed... At first - I could understand using a forum if you aren't getting satisfactory communication trying to do it privately. But then it all seemed to get over the top, flaming, personal and UNREASONABLY offensive.

Now my opinion is leaning more towards the company who I have heard more good about than bad and seems to be trying to discuss the situation civilly....

Good lord - If I wanted idiotic racist stupidity - I'd look almost everywhere else on the internet.. Let's not ruin a hobby website with such ugliness.

Reactions: PhotoPilot4Fun
I think we should all note that Chris Hick (the OP) and Henry P (representing B&H) have been civil and professional to each other. It is the others here who have acted less than admirable.

Buckaye said:
henryp said:
I think it is more suitable for matters related to your situation to be discussed via email. I have yours. When I have an update I will reply via email.

Agreed... At first - I could understand using a forum if you aren't getting satisfactory communication trying to do it privately. But then it all seemed to get over the top, flaming, personal and UNREASONABLY offensive.

Now my opinion is leaning more towards the company who I have heard more good about than bad and seems to be trying to discuss the situation civilly....

Good lord - If I wanted idiotic racist stupidity - I'd look almost everywhere else on the internet.. Let's not ruin a hobby website with such ugliness.

Where's the LIKE Button!

I agree with all of the above. And I'm sure for every customer like me there is 1,000s who are totally happy with their transactions with B&H. I get that.

I'm not a huge fan of trash talking or dragging someone through the mud on the forums either, and I'll usually just hold my tongue. You will notice that I kept silent for 2 1/2 months before I had just had enough.

But, when response from B&H is either slow or non-existent, taking to the forums has helped get their attention sometimes, not to mention it makes me feel better to vent.

I will patiently wait for any assistance that may be forthcoming in helping to recover my Phantom, and in the meantime will not crowd the forums with my personal affairs.

Hey, fellas. I apologize for my actions from yesterday. I was rather heated about things being said and how they were interpreted. It was uncalled for on my part, and I apologize. Ebola Popsicle, I also apologize to you for the unnecessary comments I made towards you. This forum has been nothing but fantastic. This OP turned into a giant argument which shouldn't have happened. Hope everyone can be understanding. My bad.

Sorry guys, just one more update and then I will leave you alone.

B&H and myself have reached an agreement that is amicable to both parties. While I don't feel I would have received the same resolution without the negative publicity, I will give the benefit of the doubt.

My thanks to Henry, I realize you have a very difficult job. I'm sure you hate me, but I realize you are just doing your job.

I am satisfied with the resolution.

As you were. :cool:

Glad to hear that Chris.
Any company can mess up an order or lose a shipment, but it is how they respond to
their customers that determines what type of company they are.
I'm happy to hear that you've reached resolution, thanks for letting us know as well.

Chris Hick said:
Sorry guys, just one more update and then I will leave you alone.

B&H and myself have reached an agreement that is amicable to both parties. While I don't feel I would have received the same resolution without the negative publicity, I will give the benefit of the doubt.

My thanks to Henry, I realize you have a very difficult job. I'm sure you hate me, but I realize you are just doing your job.

I am satisfied with the resolution.

As you were. :cool:

Awesome! :D

ianwood said:
And religion and stereotyping really have no place anywhere on this forum, ever.

Wow...just...wow...

It's great seeing B&H active here on the forum and responding to customers.

I would count that as a good thing.

Perhaps in the future we could try being nice to them, and who knows, they might even stick around?

It's freaking crazy, but it just might work. :shock:

Personally, I'm still a fan of B&H. I've shopped there for years. TVs, computers, camera and video gear, and all sorts of things. They always have the top of the line models of everything, even the hard to find items. Want to see the absolute best flat screen on the market? - they will have it at B&H. They have stuff that the "pros" at Best Buy haven't even heard of.

Also, the store is super cool. Conveyor belts in the ceiling zip around, transporting products from place to place. It's always busy, packed with tons of people. Even so, you don't have to wait long before someone offers to help you out - just don't waste their time. They'll help you either way, but you can tell they are cranking away and don't have time to chit chat. Personally I find that a relief - I'm not there to chit chat either. Anyway, the staff are all super knowledgable in their particular area. Every single one of them is like an Apple Genius in some specific subject. And yes there are a lot of Hasidic's working there (for non-New Yorkers, they are the guys that wear black and have sideburns and beards - I always thought they kinda looked Amish). But it's not all Hasidic's, not by a long shot. I'd actually recommend going to check out B&H in person if you are in NYC. Kind of a geeky thing to do, but going to the store is an "experience" all to itself, even if your not buying.

I moved out of NY a few years ago, but just stumbled onto their website. I think it's one of the better websites I've ever seen for ordering electronics. Definitely way better than Amazon. Luckily I still live close enough to the City to go in there in person if I have problems like the original poster.

I also have to say that I can't completely blame B&H based on the OPs story. I feel bad for him, but there were a lot of things that seemed to combine into the perfect storm of "bad service". First he tried to effect repairs himself and at hobby shops. Also there was the visible damage on the outside due to crashing it. I'm sure the first guy who gave extended the return deadline believed him, but once it arrived I wouldn't be surprised if someone on staff got the notion that the original poster was trying to pull a fast one on them. That's just New York for you... I'm sure they have to deal with people trying to return gear under false pretenses every single day (except Saturdays of course :). Add to that the fact that B&H isn't a DJI service center. Then throw in the mixup with the address... and it's not surprising this was a disaster.

It may be decades now, but over a long period of time I have bought many many items from small to large dollar items and have always had a great, quick and satisfying experience.

I do hate you have had the experience you had, but from the get go I read you had flown it, crashed it, and had repairs at hobby shops performed....I paraphrase. I too have had bad experiences at business' that have started off wonderful yet turned sour because mainly of a communication thing. I got lost with all the different opinions in this thread and who responded to who.....

I just wanted to say I wish your experience had been better.

Add to that the fact that B&H isn't a DJI service center.
Just an update, yes B&H's sister company is now a certified DJI repair center for their customers; repairing Phantom 2's and 3's. Inspires will begin in +/- 90 days.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik