Bad experience with B&H Photo

This whole thing is a damb shame . Poor Communication on their part now being treated like it's all your fault .
Once they get your money they don't care anymore they need to put them self in your shoes you are out over a $1000 with nothing to show for it yea THANKS B&H your the best .
What's messed up is if you talk to 3 different people you will get 3 different answers from them I went through it with B&H .
What I don't understand is you had the esc and motor changed and the charged you for what you already replaced ?

MrDrone27 said:
henryp said:
MrDrone27 said:
How does that big of a company ignore their customers? So sad. That's why I never go through those so called mega companies. They have the personas that, "He is only one customer, we can afford to lose him." Just sad, man.

Respectfully, he is not being ignored. I have replied here, replied to his BBB complaints and engaged him via email, the route I prefer since this is, after all, between Chris and B&H.

Being that ya'll are such a big company, he shouldn't have to go all the way to the point where he posts how upset he is on a forum to get your attention. My point being that as much as you say you are trying to help him out and responding to him, it really sounds like you haven't done anything for him. Being that he doesn't have his craft back from you. :cry:

Respectfully, I must agree.

750r said:
What I don't understand is you had the esc and motor changed and the charged you for what you already replaced ?

No, they haven't charged me anything.

I had verified with a local hobby shop that all motors and all ESCs were operational before I sent it to B&H.

When I got the phone call telling me they wanted to replace 1 motor and 1 ESC (that I already knew were not defective) I politely declined.

henryp said:
FASTFJR said:
This does not sound like the B&H I know. I've been buying stuff from them for 25 years and never had an issue. I guess no one is perfect. I would like to see their store open on Saturdays

Thank you. It is kind of you to say so. I am sorry to disappoint but I foresee no circumstances under which we'd be open Saturdays.

Your welcome and I fully understand why.

If you haven't paid a visit to the B&H showroom and I use that term loosely because the place is Huge you are really missing out. Great staff who actually know about the products they are selling!

henryp said:
FASTFJR said:
This does not sound like the B&H I know. I've been buying stuff from them for 25 years and never had an issue. I guess no one is perfect. I would like to see their store open on Saturdays

Thank you. It is kind of you to say so. I am sorry to disappoint but I foresee no circumstances under which we'd be open Saturdays.

This guy is a real winner. Instead of owning up to problems he runs to the one person that commends his company. Basically saying thanks for your comment BUT oh no we would NEVER do that. Provide extra customer service? Not a chance. Being that they barely provide any after reading all this :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrDrone27 said:
henryp said:
FASTFJR said:

This guy is a real winner. Instead of owning up to problems he runs to the one person that commends his company. Basically saying thanks for your comment BUT oh no we would NEVER do that. Provide extra customer service? Not a chance. Being that they barely provide any after reading all this :lol: :lol: :lol:

You seem to be quite uniformed.

Opening on Saturdays is not a matter of providing extra customer service or not.

Saturday is the Shabbat and the owners of B&H, and many employees, are Hasidic Jews that follow their faith in a different manner than many other folks.

If they wanted to be opened badly enough, I'm sure they could hire people who would be more than happy to work on a Saturday. That's less besides the point. It's just sad to see what is happening with this gentlemen's service from them, or lack thereof.

MrDrone27 said:
If they wanted to be opened badly enough, I'm sure they could hire people who would be more than happy to work on a Saturday.

You continue to be confused.

The owners do not want to open at all because they see that as a violation of their faith (Google "Shabbat" and educate yourself). It's not a matter of customer service as you continue to erroneously claim.

Reactions: PhotoPilot4Fun
EBOLA Popsicle said:
MrDrone27 said:
If they wanted to be opened badly enough, I'm sure they could hire people who would be more than happy to work on a Saturday.

You continue to be confused.

The owners do not want to open at all because they see that as a violation of their faith (Google "Shabbat" and educate yourself). It's not a matter of customer service as you continue to erroneously claim.

I completely understand what you're saying. The main issue is the lack of service they have given to the OP. I'm not here to argue with anyone, their faith and how they run their business is completely up to them.

I am fairly new to this site as I just stumbled upon it a month or so ago. I am a PV2+ flyer so I have found this site to be very resourceful. I am also a structural designer of 17 years and I am a student at UF college of civil engineering. I will say that I have purchased many things through B&H over the past couple decades. Everything from SLR cameras to my latest purchase of an Asus tablet which I love. Visual tools and presentations are a big part of my life so a company such as B&H is a very good resource when I need something. As I am typing this post, my wife just brought me from the mail box a new B&H catalog. I am disgusted by this and so it goes right into the trash because of what has taken place here. Why? The whole dispute that Mr. Hick originated with was that he was told he could return the product. He even disclosed the troubleshooting work that he had preformed on the phantom and the minor crash. Seems to me that he did not even want to send it back and would have preferred to fix the problem, but it got complicated and he reached out. B&H could have told him their policy and said sorry about your luck. I would respect that; moreover, I would have expected it. From what I have read Mr. Hicks would have probably accepted that as well and negotiated another approach or searched for alternate methods of repairing his non functioning UAV. That is not what happened, and I have yet to see any dispute from B&H that they initially told him otherwise. B&H said to send it back. I did see where B&H quickly showed Mr. Hicks the fine print. Sorry but that isn't good enough. A company's word will carry a lot more weight in the court of public opinion than attention to a disclaimer after the fact. The fine print could have been pointed out to him when he initially reached out to B&H.

lthomas said:
I am fairly new to this site as I just stumbled upon it a month or so ago. I am a PV2+ flyer so I have found this site to be very resourceful. I am also a structural designer of 17 years and I am a student at UF college of civil engineering. I will say that I have purchased many things through B&H over the past couple decades. Everything from SLR cameras to my latest purchase of an Asus tablet which I love. Visual tools and presentations are a big part of my life so a company such as B&H is a very good resource when I need something. As I am typing this post, my wife just brought me from the mail box a new B&H catalog. I am disgusted by this and so it goes right into the trash because of what has taken place here. Why? The whole dispute that Mr. Hick originated with was that he was told he could return the product. He even disclosed the troubleshooting work that he had preformed on the phantom and the minor crash. Seems to me that he did not even want to send it back and would have preferred to fix the problem, but it got complicated and he reached out. B&H could have told him their policy and said sorry about your luck. I would respect that; moreover, I would have expected it. From what I have read Mr. Hicks would have probably accepted that as well and negotiated another approach or searched for alternate methods of repairing his non functioning UAV. That is not what happened, and I have yet to see any dispute from B&H that they initially told him otherwise. B&H said to send it back. I did see where B&H quickly showed Mr. Hicks the fine print. Sorry but that isn't good enough. A company's word will carry a lot more weight in the court of public opinion than attention to a disclaimer after the fact. The fine print could have been pointed out to him when he initially reached out to B&H.

+1, +1. Totally on point! :)

lthomas said:

You nailed it right on the head lthomas! As I said before, I was actually quite surprised when they offered to exchange it, but once that RMA was issued it was all downhill from there.

From my first contact email to B&H.
1) Since I am past the 30 day exchange period am I out of luck?

2) Since the drone has been worked on by 2 different hobby shops am I
out of luck?

Anything you might be able to do to help me with this problem?

Chris Hick said:
Oh I've dealt with them privately also but just got " we're sorry it's taking so long" so I took to the forums to make myself feel better and maybe get some "squeaky wheel" action.

Tracking number was not provided as promised.

Who knows where it is or when/if I'll get it back. All I know is it's not at my house.

Maybe it was delivered by DRONE! LOL

MrDrone27 said:

You are mistaken. The rules which oblige our closing cover our owner and his entire establishment. Hiring non-observant Jews or non-Jews is not a solution at all. If there was a way to open Saturdays I'm sure we'd have employed it earlier on our 40 year history.

henryp said:
MrDrone27 said:

You are mistaken. The rules which oblige our closing cover our owner and his entire establishment. Hiring non-observant Jews or non-Jews is not a solution at all. If there was a way to open Saturdays I'm sure we'd have employed it earlier on our 40 year history.

Pardon me B&H but why must you resort to using "Jews" as an excuse. You have a right to be open or closed whenever you want, however you should not use that as your excuse. One might be inclined to believe you are a racist.

Dragonrider said:
henryp said:
MrDrone27 said:

Pardon me B&H but why must you resort to using "Jews" as an excuse. You have a right to be open or closed whenever you want, however you should not use that as your excuse. One might be inclined to believe you are a racist.

Ok, Perhaps someone needs to explain this to you.

The owners of B&H are Hasidic Jews. To open on the Sabbath (Saturday) is a big violation of their religious beliefs. Even if they were not there personally conducting business, they would be in violation of Hasidic Law. Jews are not being used "as an excuse. But your ignorance is excused.

You seem to be quite uniformed.

Opening on Saturdays is not a matter of providing extra customer service or not.

Saturday is the Shabbat and the owners of B&H, and many employees, are Hasidic Jews that follow their faith in a different manner than many other folks.[/quote]

Well no ****........I fully understand why they are closed on Saturday. I said it would be nice they were open

Dragonrider said:
henryp said:
MrDrone27 said:

I was going to say the EXACT same thing. So basically if you aren't a Jew, they won't hire you. You stay classy, B&H. Very professional. :eek:

Dragonrider said:
henryp said:
MrDrone27 said:

Yea......lets start the race card now :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Re: Bad experience with B&H Photo

As much as I enjoy bashing B&H over how I've been handled, religion and hours of operation got nothing to do with it. If you only want to open every other Tuesday from 4:00pm-4:05pm, well, knock yourself out. People can decide if they want to do business with you knowing that up front. And I don't know if anybody ever said they "only" hire Jews? Only that the owners and a lot of the employees are Jewish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik