Backpack

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437361491.651408.jpg

Is this a good backpack for my p3a?

There are many different versions of that backpack. They all appear to be the same -- just re-branded so different companies can sell them. Here's a similar backpack on Amazon that has a few more positive reviews.

Last edited:
I have one exactly like this. Got mine here:
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00WJK3L50/ref=pe_386430_30332290_TE_3p_dp_i1

Cost a little more because of the Canadian dollar difference, but the shipping was quite fast considering it came from China.
I'm very happy with it. It's comfortable to wear, has a customizable interior layout, and fits everything I need to take with me. It's a bit of a tight fit around the motors as you zip it up, but I think that just keeps it a little more stable inside.
One issue is that there isn't a lot of stabilization for the gimbal, so you might have to do some improvisation to fix that. And I certainly wouldn't use it to ship your P3 any distance. A hard case is the best option for that. But for a day hike out to get to some new flying areas, this pack has certainly filled the bill for me. And the price is certainly right.
One other thing: You have to take the props off to fit it in. Not a big deal for me, as I remove them after flying anyway, but it's an important issue for others and something you should be aware of before you buy.

Ah ok what about traveling with it on a plane?
I can't answer for that one, as I haven't used it for travelling on a plane. But I imagine you'd want something with more support for that purpose, like one of the packs with a stiff contoured foam insert. Especially if you put it in an overhead compartment, and other people are stuffing their bags in, around and on top of it. This bag isn't meant for that kind of abuse.

Ok okay that is true but i dont want those big bulky looking bags. I want something that would manage supporting it and like a backpack

Well, as an inexpensive alternative when using this backpack on an airline, you could try putting small items of clothing, like socks, around everything to stabilize it, then put a small towel over the motor posts to provide additional cushioning. Can't guarantee it, of course. But it might do the trick for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20