backpack recommendations

Reaction score
Anyone recommend a backpack, soft or hard, but preferably soft, that can fit a p3a with accessories. I would like a lightweight one that I would be able to wear for multiple hours at a time. the lower the price the better. I was looking at the fearless one but I've seen mixed reviews on it. also looking at the manfrotto, but it is quite pricey. I also watched just the hardshell one but if I got a new drone in the future that was slightly different it most likely would not fit.

I like the Think Tank Heliport. Basic but very functional. Not cheap, quality rarely is. I originally bought the Manfrotto soft pack with an B&H bundle. I'd stay away from it. It's too small by about a centimeter which makes getting the drone in a real PITA. It looks snazzy but is really not very functional.

Reactions: ashtonhess
I like the Think Tank Heliport. Basic but very functional. Not cheap, quality rarely is. I originally bought the Manfrotto soft pack with an B&H bundle. I'd stay away from it. It's too small by about a centimeter which makes getting the drone in a real PITA. It looks snazzy but is really not very functional.
thank you.

ashtonhess, you can find a list of commonly used backpacks here.

Plenty of backpacks are available on eBay for very reasonable prices. Pickup what suits you best. There is nothing so great about them.

For day to day use, a backpack is good but for traveling, you may want to go for hard shell.

+1 for the thinktank heliport. Holds my p3p, dslr, lenses, chargers, 2 batteries, ipad, props, etc. It even went flying off the back of my ATV and fully protected everything inside.

Reactions: jimerb
Anyone recommend a backpack, soft or hard, but preferably soft, that can fit a p3a with accessories. I would like a lightweight one that I would be able to wear for multiple hours at a time. the lower the price the better. I was looking at the fearless one but I've seen mixed reviews on it. also looking at the manfrotto, but it is quite pricey. I also watched just the hardshell one but if I got a new drone in the future that was slightly different it most likely would not fit.
Try YX

I've got the official hardshell backpack and it fits in everything I need including 3 batteries and 4 snap on prop guards! If you get a new machine, just sell it on.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1450804380.411978.jpg

I use the GPC. It is 5.11 quality, has very durable foam inserts, and is very comfortable to wear while hiking.

I have the DJI one. I would recommend something else. It is well built but it fits the Drone, props, radio, batteries, all the DJI stuff and nothing else.
If you want to bring paperwork, a tablet, a sunshade, or anything else, it's a pain.

+1 for GPC Limited Edition backpack. Flew to Hawaii (still here) from Texas without any problems as carry-on going through TSA (they never asked about it) and in plane over-head storage bin. I also have GPC hard case, which is great, but not very practical when launch site is not near to parking. It has wheels, but doesn't help when walking over gravel, dirt, or sand. People have said that you could launch from the top of hard case...well guess what??? I've launched from this backpack as well. The back of it is stiff enough to launch from and if that's not good enough, this backpack has a hard, stiff backing that comes out which can be used to launch from as well.

This bag has tons of space even with DBS antenna (modified foam), 3 chargers and a huge water bottle. Try that with a hard shell backpack.

PC100022.JPG PC100023.JPG PC100024.JPG PC100025.JPG PC100026.JPG

I have the DJI one. I would recommend something else. It is well built but it fits the Drone, props, radio, batteries, all the DJI stuff and nothing else.
If you want to bring paperwork, a tablet, a sunshade, or anything else, it's a pain.

You beat me to this post. I've only had mine for a days so I'm trying to give it the benefit of the doubt but I noticed this big limitation right away. There is that section in front of the batteries that makes no sense to me. Seems like they should have made that as deep as the other pockets in the case.

Reactions: ResevorDG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31