Backpack or hard case?

When I bought my P2V+ I was sure I wanted a hard case for it. For a complicated set of reasons I ended up with a GPC Backpack which I'm still using for my P3P. It's worked out really well for me. I'm not a hiker, but a lot of the places I fly require walking the gear into place. The backpack works really well for that. It also fits nicely into an overhead bin on flights and has lots of space. It might not be the right choice for everyone, but it's working nicely for me.

Reactions: denodan
I'm thinking of buying a full kit through drone world but im not sure on what case option to go with. I will be flying local mainly but will also take it on vacation when i can, i don't like the idea of the gorilla's in baggage handling throwing around my investment but im also worried about the prospect of carrying everything on board a plane. Here is the deal that drone world is offering: Phantom 3 Executive Kit w/ Long Range System, Nanuk Case, 3 Batteries, Powered 3xCharger, Prop Guards, Filters, 64GB Card & More P3-ExeK-BC the case is either a Nanuk 950 with custom cut out or a 5.11 military backpack with custom foam.

Your thoughts on what is the better with both of those?or any words of warning doing through drone world?

I just went with one of the ~$30 backpacks (same as any of those up to $50 or so), as I just wanted to get something while I decided on the hard-shell. To my surprise, the pack is actually really, really good and sturdy and will probably be my main go-to bag for convenience and simple take outs.

Unfortunately with that kit the only options i have are the Nanuk 950 or the 5.11 Military pack. Just curious to see if anyone had used either or if there is some preference one way or the other.

I just went with one of the ~$30 backpacks (same as any of those up to $50 or so), as I just wanted to get something while I decided on the hard-shell. To my surprise, the pack is actually really, really good and sturdy and will probably be my main go-to bag for convenience and simple take outs.
I bought a $40 backpack and very happy with it.

Unfortunately with that kit the only options i have are the Nanuk 950 or the 5.11 Military pack. Just curious to see if anyone had used either or if there is some preference one way or the other.
My wife is getting me the 950 for Christmas. Case depends on user preferences and $. Any case will be better than carrying in the box it comes in. Protect your investment.

Reactions: AussieDrone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.