Backpack for P4?

Reaction score
Other than the very beautiful and very expensive DJI backpack, I would be grateful to be pointed in the direction of alternatives? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Kyle Martin
You can find some Phantom 4 backpacks here.

After owning 4 different backpacks, I like the Think Tank backpack best. It's a bit pricey at $240, but it's extremely roomy inside compared to the others that use a custom fit foam insert. I especially like the hip belt when I go on long hikes. It holds all model Phantoms, but the interior walls can be moved around to accommodate special items, making this not only one of the most roomy backpacks, but one of the most flexible. I'm pretty sure it can be configured to hold an RC with a DBS mod antenna installed, but I don't think that's true with an FPVLR antenna, due to total height.

However I have noticed the ProCraft is very much like the ThinkTank at a much lower price of $119. If I had to buy another backpack, that's what I'd buy. It's also re-configurable, roomy, and includes a hip belt.

Last edited:
Bobcape, where did u find it for $212? It's $250 at B&H
Looks like an awesome pack!

After owning 4 different backpacks, I like the Think Tank backpack best. It's a bit pricey at $240, but it's extremely roomy inside compared to the others that use a custom fit foam insert. I especially like the hip belt when I go on long hikes. It holds all model Phantoms, but the interior walls can be moved around to accommodate special items, making this not only one of the most roomy backpacks, but one of the most flexible. I'm pretty sure it can be configured to hold an RC with a DBS mod antenna installed, but I don't think that's true with an FPVLR antenna, due to total height.

However I have noticed the ProCraft is very much like the ThinkTank at a much lower price of $119. If I had to buy another backpack, that's what I'd buy. It's also re-configurable, roomy, and includes a hip belt.
Just ordered the Pro Craft for 119. I'll let you know how it is. But it reads and looks great for the price especially.

Bobcape, where did u find it for $212? It's $250 at B&H
Looks like an awesome pack!

I signed up for the email newsletter on LowePro's website and about 10 minutes later I got a 15% off coupon code. They included free shipping. Give it a shot.

Bob

I signed up for the email newsletter on LowePro's website and about 10 minutes later I got a 15% off coupon code. They included free shipping. Give it a shot.

Bob
Did the same. Mine arrived a few days ago. I love it. The P4 is snug and I have room for everything, including my iPad Air 2. It's also pretty comfy. Walked a few miles with it on today.

I ordered the DroneGuard BP 450 AW Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases. $212 delivered. I should have it Monday or Tuesday. It's designed to hold the P4 and other drones. I like the options and features shown in the videos. I'll report back when I have tried it out.

Bob
That looks like a nice backpack, looks like high quality materials. It's almost small enough to meet the 20X14X9" carry on limit, only 1' too thick. I'm sure you'll be fine to travel with it as carry on, most airlines aren't super strict on that. It doesn't show their method to separate multiple batteries in the zippered cubby, so you might want some LiPo battery covers. I think you'll get tired of unzipping and those 2 inner cubby pockets. I suppose you can leave them unzipped, since the pack lid will be zipped, holding the cubby tops closed.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the really useful advice on this [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you guys like this my wife made for my P3, maybe we can make them for the P4.

Vanguard Uprise II 48 modified with custom made cushions and pouches. Has plenty of room, even for my winter coat, iPad, extra batteries and more.

Attachments

• pack1.jpg
    pack1.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 628
  • pack2.jpg
    pack2.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 652
Did the same. Mine arrived a few days ago. I love it. The P4 is snug and I have room for everything, including my iPad Air 2. It's also pretty comfy. Walked a few miles with it on today.

Great to hear! The tracking info says it will arrive on Monday, sooner than I expected for free shipping. I like the flexibility it offers.

Bob

Where did you get it for $212 and free delivery? I only see it for $250!!

Just ordered the Pro Craft for 119. I'll let you know how it is. But it reads and looks great for the price especially.
I have the procraft and it's great . Here are a few pics of my set up.

Attachments

• 1461010956095.jpg
    1461010956095.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 693
  • 1461010964514.jpg
    1461010964514.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 639
  • 1461010975805.jpg
    1461010975805.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 595
  • 1461010982735.jpg
    1461010982735.jpg