Backpack choice for my P3P

Reaction score
Hello, today I was looking online at what backpack to get for my phantom 3 professional. I hike quite a bit and will use it sometimes for traveling. What do you think would be best? I was considering getting the DJI backpack (not the hardship one) but then I realized a good amount of people have the hard shell. Let me know.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are a lot of great backpacks available. I have a list of commonly used backpacks here.

Reactions: GenesisX
Yes.

image-jpeg.35088

If you get a hardshell, just be sure to fasten the strap UNDER the antennae on the RC (lift both antennae, then strap, then fold antennae!).

If you don't want to spend $100+ dollars on the DJI backpack, get one of these:
DJI Phantom 3 Backpack Hardshell Case Bag Turtle Shell Waterproof
Only $39 US Direct and identical, except the outside looks a bit different. I have one and it's great.

Microcenter may still the DJI back pack for $29.99, if there is a location near you. I picked one up yesterday. Couldn't pass up on the price.

I'm looking at the Go Professional backpack. It's housed in a 511 backpack with a H2O bladder. I have a similar 511 pack and love it for hiking. Very comfortable and useful. I'm hoping it stays that way with the Phantom in it. I don't have it yet but it's worth a look.

This is my choice:
db4fc5537695014b60e104032014cb58.jpg

4d5b0e7bddbbc84d36b9ecb25db2fa65.jpg

Fits my DSRL and I like the shoulder straps.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nothing beats a $5 carry on hardcase... and it doubles as a grocery bin
Actually, pretty much everything does.

I would never trust even a battery in something like that.

I went cheaper and got the Multistar aluminum case from HobbyKing:
It fits even with the PolarPro landing legs attached. Along with 3 batteries, props, DJI should strap, controller, iPad Pro.

Attachments

• IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    362.5 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_1688.JPG
    IMG_1688.JPG
    789.1 KB · Views: 446
I just purchased the Ultimaxx backpack on eBay for only $89. This is the exact same one marketed by DJI for over $300. The only difference is simply the logo, all materials, size and colors are exact. Although I own a Microraptor Hard Case, this backpack is small enough to carry anywhere and won't be an issue with travel restrictions on airlines due to size. Many of the Phantom advertised backpacks resemble suitcases with shoulder straps. This is much smaller than the Procraft which is surprisingly large for a soft sided bag.

After looking at them all. Ended up with DJI hard shell backpack from Amazon for $102 Canadian. (about $75 USD) shipped.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj