Backcountry backpack ideal for deep woods drone adventures - Kode ABS 22+10

Reaction score
Kode ABS 22+10 Osprey Kode ABS-Compatible 22 + 10 Snow Pack - REI.com

Just fits a phantom 3 with or without custom case foam. Comfortable for long and technical hikes- chest + waist straps and lots of pockets. Fits in overhead compartments on airlines. Plus, it's fully capable backcountry skiing pack.

After looking at all the other commercial options I settled on this--- because it has the features of a true backpack and is comfortable for serious hiking.

I did get some interesting questions from the REI employees when I spent an hour with my drone in the store trying to fit it into all of the backpacks they carry!

Curious why a chest strap? The only time I've found them useful was when I was in the infantry, rucking heavy loads. I laugh to myself when I see camelbacks with chest straps.

This is a 3lb load, fly weight, load stability should be a non issue.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Fair question, and yes good point most of the time for hiking probably not needed; the waist straps are better for support. This said I've found when you are scrambling / bouldering / mountain biking having a chest strap help keep the pack on and your balance stable. It isn't going to knock me over, but having the pack stuck on does feel better--- especially when you are doing more than a basic hike. With this setup I can do a mountain bike ride (abet a lot more carefully) into the hills in Colorado pretty comfortably.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31