Back from warranty service...horrible RC!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First time poster here :) but I have been lurking and taking in everything you guys have to offer.

I have had my P3S for a few months now, and it has been a great flier. I have taken it out to about 500m easy and I have no problem really pushing it's limits. A few weeks ago, I noticed the cracks around all the motor mounts :(

So, I sent it back to DJI, and they replaced the shell. I got it back the other day, and after relinking the remote, it looses signal like crazy. For example, it will be hovering at maybe 200', about 50' from me, and will have a strong RC signal, and out of no where, the signal will just drop to low and sometimes drop. Moving the seems like it helps, but I am not sure.

I have around 30 flights with this thing, so I would like to say I am fairly use to how it should act and how the antenna needs to be positioned, but it really seems like after coming back from service, the RC signal is a major issue that was not there before.

Do they update firmware while it is at the factory? Should I take the shell off and take a look inside? Firmware is v 1.6.80, but I do not know what it was when I sent it back about 3 weeks ago.

Any savvy tips from the pros here?

Thank!

You should be able to find in your settings what firmware you are on. (I don't know the exact spot)
But based on my experience with DJI, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't completely secure an antenna in the bird. I wouldn't recommend opening it because you can risk voiding your warranty if you do.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

open the dji go app, connect the RC + drone. once the phone/tablet has connected to the rc

Hold the academy button for around 5-10 seconds. this should tell you what firmware the drone is on.

OR

if its all connected, go onto the camera within the dji go app, settings, then ... , then scroll to the bottom and click about

Another suggestion would be to try relinking the controller with the drone

Can taking off the top shell be that hard?

I am fairly well versed, having done surgery on my cx20 a dozen or so times.

I have attempted the relink procedure that initiates from the app, but I am going to try the one where you turn the drone on first, hit the relink button, turn on remote, flips s2, etc etc

Im just like yourself and am not afraid of a screw driver(i also have a quantum nova/cx20), but honestly undoing the clips of the top half of the shell is a right sod to do and if your under warranty its honestly just not worth it. if your out of warranty go for it!

im having issues with my video downlink signal. ive had my drone apart about 4 times and still not resolved the issue. but my outer casing is cracked anyway and i honestly still had issues with the top half of mine coming off.

if i was yourself, i would try finding out the firmware version asap if it is 1.6.8 then downgrade it to 1.5.7 and then take it for a test spin. ive just done this and it has greatly improved my signal for rc and video although i didn't have a problem with rc. i didnt think this would work myself but it has defiantly helped.

if you try this and its still bad, then take a screwdriver to is and check the cables.

good luck!

The fw is 1.6.8. Will downgrading the fw mess with my warranty at all? This thing is still under warranty, so I def dont want to do anything to possible mess that up.

The fw is 1.6.8. Will downgrading the fw mess with my warranty at all? This thing is still under warranty, so I def dont want to do anything to possible mess that up.
Defiantly NOT, You are entitled to upgrade and downgrade your firmware as much as you want on anything you purchase as it is software.

I would highly suggest trying it and if your still worried about it being on a different firmware as from when it left the rapier centre you can always upload it back to the drone

That's sucks, No help, but you must have not sent in the remote, are you just loosing RC, video and telemetry are fine?

Rod

video and telm is crystal clear. I took it out yesterday to an office park that I fly at all the time, and am very familiar with the area, how far it will fly, etc. and it was def not the same, as RC was dropping like crazy.

I downgraded the FW and will test soon. I did not send in the remote because they told me not to, since the repair was just for the cracks :(

Man, that sucks.

Looked at HD, I been there twice, mine was due to firmware updates.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4