Back from the Caribbean - thoughts and video

Reaction score
As background, I'm primarily a photographer and bought the P4P as my first UAV/drone once DJI upgraded the stills aspect of the camera. I live in MA and so I have been learning to fly in the cold and in fair light but didn't quite get what everyone was talking about in regards to screen brightness until our recent trip to the Turks and Caicos.

I brought the drone and all of my photo gear down in the Think Tank Photo Airport Helipak Backpack for Quadcopter. Bought it based on a comment in another thread here and the bag was nothing short of amazing. I was able to bring the P4P and 2 extra batteries as well as my Canon 5D mk III, 24-105/4, 17-40/4, 70-200/4 IS, 100/2 and 35/2 IS plus batteries, cards, filters. Basically, everything I wanted fit in this bag.

I flew mostly in the mornings and at night and did not run into any issues from the staff at our resort. In fact, the head of security stopped me at one point to ask how much the P4P costs. I put together some of my favorites in this video. Also has some brief snorkeling footage from my son's GoPro and ends with a bit from the 5D mk III.

I couldn't come up with a song that matched the mood of the video so hope you don't mind the silent film.

Great job eoren1! Looks like a super resort too. Nice of them to care about the drone as well.

Thanks guys.

Forgot to mention that I totally get the issue with flying under a bright sun now! Keeping my fingers crossed that the next iPad brings much higher luminance and/or OLED or other means of offsetting bright conditions.

Also, I had a few Litchi missions planned but just never quite trusted to send the drone off without my fingers on the controls (I've used it locally but something about being out of the country scared me). All of the above was shot using the DJI app.

Thanks guys.

Forgot to mention that I totally get the issue with flying under a bright sun now! Keeping my fingers crossed that the next iPad brings much higher luminance and/or OLED or other means of offsetting bright conditions.

Also, I had a few Litchi missions planned but just never quite trusted to send the drone off without my fingers on the controls (I've used it locally but something about being out of the country scared me). All of the above was shot using the DJI app.
Do you use a sunscreen eoren1? I bought the Hoodman a year ago and it works pretty darn good but you do have to put it on your pad every time. It's super easy and quick though. 100 bucks is about double what it should be but that's the way everything is right! LOL

Do you use a sunscreen eoren1? I bought the Hoodman a year ago and it works pretty darn good but you do have to put it on your pad every time. It's super easy and quick though. 100 bucks is about double what it should be but that's the way everything is right! LOL

I don't Kev - never flew in Summer conditions so was shocked by the difficulty in reading the screen. I almost used a pool towel over my head...

I don't Kev - never flew in Summer conditions so was shocked by the difficulty in reading the screen. I almost used a pool towel over my head...
Yeah. I had the same issue with my P3S, which is why I'll be purchasing a p4p+ so I can see the screen.

I suggest that you watch as much F. Hagen as possible. There are a lot of adjustments to frame rates and such that you will fond very valuable to improve image quality and smoothness.

Thanks Bill

Hate to admit but this was color graded with Lightroom using the Library module and Quick Adjust options followed by quick selection in iMovie.

I have yet to delve into the world of 'real' video editing apps...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav