baby step above Beginner Mode...?

Reaction score
Have 30 flights P4P+ Beginner Mode.
If I wanted to raise range limit from 30M to 50M
but wanted all the other B-Mode protections
stay the same, what settings are changed?

30 meters is the max range in beginner mode. You'll need to disable beginner mode and set a max altitude and distance in the "Main Controller Settings" section of DJI GO.

Thanks. What other protections, if any, are built into
B-Mode besides 30M range limit?

The only other thing beginner mode does is limit the speed.

Have 30 flights P4P+ Beginner Mode.
If I wanted to raise range limit from 30M to 50M
but wanted all the other B-Mode protections
stay the same, what settings are changed?
Rather than setting limits, the best protection will be gained from flying in a big, open area well away from trees, buildings and other obstacles.

Just my opinion but if you have 30 flights you're ready to go to an open field on a non-windy day and try flying in all the modes including ATTI. Time to learn what to expect if you do lose signal because though I'm sure very rare, it can happen even in beginner mode, and it's either not a big deal because you're use to switching flight modes on the fly or it's going to be a bit of a panic.

It's super easy to set distance and altitude settings. Turn off beginner mode. On the top right side of GO 4 app click the little drone/craft and the menu has it right there. Be careful if there are trees, power lines, hills, or anything else elevated around where you're flying. If you set it too low or the reading from where you take off isn't accurate you may fly at something expecting to be able to throttle over it only to find you can't climb more then a couple feet when you get close.

Doesn't it also enable the side sensors?
Enabling beginner mode does not enable the side sensors, but the side sensors can be used when in beginner mode (or tripod mode).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4