B4Ufly app

Reaction score
I have a question? Is a helo pad on a hospital considered an airport? When I go to this app now I cannot legally even fly in my neighborhood. I don't understand this. I thought it was 5 miles from an airport or military base only. Also hi I'm Mike living in Jacksonville, Fl.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

don't use that crappy app download uav forcast much better

Reactions: nemoishouse
I agree with above, b4ufly sucks. I like airmap.io

IMO, heliports are sort of a grey area at this time. Some say you should regard them as airports, some say you shouldn't. I suggest you read AC 9157A and decide for yourself how best to treat a heliport.

Last edited:
Thanks gentlemen for the tips I'll look into your suggestions. I just want to do the right thing[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt
I just read about this today, helipads and private strips are considered airports. Mainly because it is airspace being used. If you are in the area of one and you want to fly, you can but must contact them to let them know you are there.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Manned aircraft can not fly below 500ft and UMS can't fly over 400ft, not actually in the same airspace. Out of courtesy you are supposed to contact them.

Most of you are mentioning to use UAV Forecast, so I downloaded the app and compared it to the B4 app and obviously there is a huge difference BUT I went to the settings and seen all of these items unchecked like large, medium, small airports and helipads etc. Once I checked these items and adjusted to within 5 miles it looks the exact same as the B4 app.

So my question is, I am surrounded by these small airports some do not even see any contact info (googling). I looked on google maps/earth to see if they "looked" like airports but all I see is grass. Do I have to contact or notify these small/medium airports too?

I'm 7 air miles from Philly International and the B$UFLY app says my yard is restricted for flight

I'm 7 air miles from Philly International and the B$UFLY app says my yard is restricted for flight

Yep, KPHL's class B airspace is huge and includes McGuire AFB.
Reference AirNav.com / KPHL / sectional chart.

Also reference www.dji.com/mobile/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

The map can be moved and zoomed to your area in Pa. Check the boxes at the bottom for Warning/Enhanced Warning for possible flight locations not restricted by red or yellow rings.

don't use that crappy app download uav forcast much better

LOL, thank you. Was just about to create a post about this crappy app showing the entire town of Sarasota as a no fly zone. Until I started using some of these other recommended apps.
B4UFly_Zone.png

Last edited:
LOL, thank you. Was just about to create a post about this crappy app showing the entire town of Sarasota as a no fly zone. Until I started using some of these other recommended apps.
B4UFly_Zone.png
well if your in Sarasota you will have to come out some time and fly with us over in Apollo beach we get a event every 3 to 4 weeks lots of fun

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic