B&H Used

Reaction score
I am looking a purchase a used phantom 2 v+ Ver. 3 from B&H. Has anyone else bought a used on from B&H? If so what you thoughts?

extrememc said:
I am looking a purchase a used phantom 2 v+ Ver. 3 from B&H. Has anyone else bought a used on from B&H? If so what you thoughts?

P2V+ is probably the one thing you don't want used. There is usually a reason why they are sent back to the retailer, and that reason is rarely "cause I don't like the color" ;)
The prices for new v+ have dropped significantly recently, I'd suggest you put a few bucks on top and buy the latest version straight from dji.

Agreed. Buying a used Phantom is not a good idea -- even more so if you cannot talk to the previous owner before buying it.

Also, I would not recommend buying directly from DJI since their shipping is very slow. Either buy from one of the sponsors on this site (since they can support you too) or buy from Amazon.

Last edited:
Don't buy from B&H. I've heard horror stories about their willingness to honor their own return policy. I also bought a "new" P2V+ battery from them once, and when I opened the box it was fully charged. When I returned it they tried to persuade me that new batteries always come fully charged. Yeah right! More like, it was a returned battery that they re-sold as new.

In the past I was {hearing/reading} GREAT reviews from folks buying DJI Products from B & H.
**However that was for a new Drone, not a "Pre-owned" one, (Learned that Phrase of Pre-Owned -vs- Used from Lexus & Mercedes dealerships years ago.. :lol: ) So I would be OK buying a used Drone if after speaking to a CS rep, they state you can return it if doesn't work.....
There are several factor you need to consider in buying a "pre-owned" Drone, but IMO if the price of the DJI Drone you're talking about isn't at least 30% off the New price, your not getting a good deal.....I think you would probably do better buying from this sites classified, that way you can interview the seller as to all the technical info you need to know, whereas the B&H CS Rep will be clueless as to anything outside of the "COLOR"....

Good Luck,

MOOSE

I bought my phantom 2 non vision used from them. It came in the original box and when I removed the phantom it looked brand new. I opened her up and switched the 2mm gps with a 4mm gps and looked her over. Not a thing wrong with her. I just updated the 2.4 ghz bird side antennas and removed the black glue and added my own antennas. Great range now, much better then stock. I did buy the phantom just for the battery at 1st. I was going to sell it locally, but now that i have added a few things to it i cant let it go, at least not yet.Its a solid flying machine that always seems to come back when i hit the failsafe... :lol:

BioTeq said:
There is usually a reason why they are sent back to the retailer, and that reason is rarely "cause I don't like the color" ;)

I bet the most common reason they're sent back to retailers is because they end up sitting on a shelf collecting dust, like exercise equipment, cameras, bicycles, etc.

Re: B&H Used

I purchased from coptersource.com . Their service has been great. Replaced a battery that was giving me issues with no questions. Their customer service is great.

Bluethundr said:
I bought my phantom 2 non vision used from them. It came in the original box and when I removed the phantom it looked brand new. I opened her up and switched the 2mm gps with a 4mm gps and looked her over. Not a thing wrong with her. I just updated the 2.4 ghz bird side antennas and removed the black glue and added my own antennas. Great range now, much better then stock. I did buy the phantom just for the battery at 1st. I was going to sell it locally, but now that i have added a few things to it i cant let it go, at least not yet.Its a solid flying machine that always seems to come back when i hit the failsafe... :lol:

I read this post then had to do a double take when I re-read "I did buy the phantom just for the battery at 1st". Was the amount they were charging around the cost of a battery? Or did I misinterpret your post? There might be some deals I'm overlooking in the "Phantom-Pre-Owned" market....or is this an inside joke that has totally gone over my head!!?? :oops:

Thanks,

MOOSE

extrememc said:

bought 3 since dec 2014

all like new

all noe issues

sold one and new owner happy as hec

end result I had
1- p1 v1.1.1,
1- p2 v1
1- p2 vision plus

total cost for all 3 =1449.00 free ship no tax

buy it before I do!

I have been in computer business for 30 years and love open box used items

people return things for so many reasons and in my experience many are simple things.

I buy almost everything I use personally that way and have saved so much and have only had 2 warranty issues in years and they were items NOT used / refurbed but new.

I bought a p2 plus for 750, it flies like new , looks like new had 2 set props , new was 1150 at time . I bought a spare p2 v1 for spare battery and props and parts for 349 used from BH , battery had 1 cycle on it. It too is like new and flys perfect . so for price of new I got 2 complete operational fine machines.

ill take that all day long

CloudsNeverDie said:
Don't buy from B&H. I've heard horror stories about their willingness to honor their own return policy. I also bought a "new" P2V+ battery from them once, and when I opened the box it was fully charged. When I returned it they tried to persuade me that new batteries always come fully charged. Yeah right! More like, it was a returned battery that they re-sold as new.

did they refuse your return? or did they take it

if they took it back I am unsure of your complaint!

Will B and h buy your used drones? I have 2 never opened P4's, I'm looking to get store credit from. How much do you think they will offer me for them?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj