B&H turn key offering of FPV and telemetry

I added the costs of the individual components of the B&H kit and it comes very close to the B&H price, so if I didn't make a mistake, the only advantage of the kit is that it comes with all the components pre-installed and tested. Presumably installed by experts. It is good deal, but not a huge discount.

I'm planning on purchasing the B&H kit myself because I am a newbie and having someone help me with my first copter is worth it to me.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Nt ... av-Search=

When they re-open on Monday, I going to see if I can't have them remove the 4" field monitor from the kit which is $198. I have a professional monitor and don't need another.
http://www.smallhd.com/products/dp4/index.html

but does th :!: at link show iosd/osd? that is, if I say it right, does this kit include telemetry data?

There is a thread in the Non Vision Section of this forum regarding the B&H kits. You basically get DJI AVL58 FPV, JDI IOSD telemetry, monitor, and Gimbal, all theoretically installed by experts. You also get the a full 1km range for RC and FPV, with the installed stock components. Perfect for those who don't want to solder. B&H is also a great retailer.

In theory, you get all the great conveniences of the P2V, and the advantage of, what users claim to be, better video. Finally, you'll be able to use the full proven Ground Station app with an additional hardware upgrade.

You're giving up the compact and refined nature of the P2V and the convenient app feature (you need to use an included dumb monitor). But for those of us who are adding antenna's etc to get additional range, we're losing the compactness benefit.

For me, the biggest disadvantage of the P2 non vision is twofold. In technical terms, more stuff added always means more stuff to go wrong. More importantly, you can't remotely control the gopro in terms of taking photo's on demand, stopping and starting video. This is huge for me. You can preset photo capture at intervals, and record continuously, but I prefer "on demand." Finally, users report that the photo quality of the p2V is better than the gopro.

If any readers think that I am wrong in any of my assessments, I'd be grateful for a correction. I was seriously considering the P2 Non Vision.

mem_ny said:
For me, the biggest disadvantage of the P2 non vision is twofold. In technical terms, more stuff added always means more stuff to go wrong. More importantly, you can't remotely control the gopro in terms of taking photo's on demand, stopping and starting video. This is huge for me. You can preset photo capture at intervals, and record continuously, but I prefer "on demand." Finally, users report that the photo quality of the p2V is better than the gopro.

If any readers think that I am wrong in any of my assessments, I'd be grateful for a correction. I was seriously considering the P2 Non Vision.

Vision camera quality better than the GoPro? I don't think so, maybe the go pro 1 but not the three, all depends who you talk to. Do a quick search and you'll find post bitching about the vision camera

Don't agree. You have to distinguish between video and photo's. Most agree that gopro video is superior, but photo's are inferior.

Re: B&H turn key offering of FPV and telemetry

mem_ny said:
Don't agree. You have to distinguish between video and photo's. Most agree that gopro video is superior, but photo's are inferior.

I'll take a photo with my gopro hero 3black and crop the top left corner of it and post it up, you do the same with the camera from a vision and we can compare the quality :)

Gopro hero 3black+ however is a different story, they are rumoured to have focus issues (I say rumoured only because I haven't got a hero3+ to check with) the difference here is gopro are actively doing something about the issue, dji have been frustratingly quite on how they plan to fix that issue (and any other issue they have).

Have you got a link to the gopro 3+ black issues? I've had no issues at all with mine apart from once I used a cheap SD card in and it stopped recording after a minute.

Re: B&H turn key offering of FPV and telemetry

http://bit.ly/1d26y42

Lol

I'm using an iPad browsing via tapatalk, digging up threads and copying the link is hard, but search gopro focus and see what results show up ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl