B&H packages

Jezabel said:
FASTFJR, I think I may have answered my question by reading more about the Boscam monitor. Towards the bottom of the description of the monitor it states that you need an adapter for the clover-leaf antenna and I believe that is what the antenna is that came with the B & H package. Did I interpret that correctly?

I'm not sure, but their seems to be a lot of members using that monitor along with the DJI AVL54 5.8 video link kit.

Mav -- First flight will be today! I plan to be shooting with multiple cams, so hopefully I can post something before the end of the weekend. Work is crushing me but I'll try to get this done. I'm dying to see results myself.

Got my first flight in yesterday. It was amazing! I couldn't get a picture on the Tote Vision LCD monitor but to be honest, I was running out of daylight and decided not to mess with it and to just get in the air. (Note: the A/V in plug to the monitor is AWFUL and doesn't fit snug -- I'll look into more later today)

I can say that the P2 & gimbal fired up perfectly and operated flawlessly. More responsive than I'd imagined. I flew GPS mode only and it was incredibly graceful. I was pretty excited before, but came away very impressed. With gimbal & gopro I got about 15 minutes of flight time on two batteries, but each battery had two bars left at the time I removed them. Better safe than sorry.

I landed 2 of 4 times. The first time I got a little too close to a tree, panicked, and instinctively brought it down too fast and it hit the grass below. Brief moment of terror, but the blades were fine, all was well and it fired right back up. The second time I crashed, I was on the ground trying to land and it just tipped a bit, ate grass and flipped over. Still was fine. The next two descents were perfect.

The learning curve is not as bad as I had anticipated. My only negative was that I forgot to hit record on the on-board gopro before the first take off. (doh!) but I had a static shot on my Canon G10, my wife was shooting hand held on an XA10 and I was wearing a gopro & chesty. Gonna edit a quick video later today and post it on the forum.

Gotta say, the Phantom community here and on Facebook has been extremely helpful during this process! Thank you all!

Mav456, could you provide some hints on how to catch the P2 safely in the air?

I've been a little intimidated by the force of the propellers and so far just landed the P2. I have been reading about people catching the P2 but worried a bit about "dipping" the P2 so my hand would get into the blades. Any tips would be appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20