B-B...B-B... Phantom Incessantly Beeping

Reaction score
After trying to update the firmware on the RC by connecting it to the quad, the quad won't stop double-beeping (B-B...B-B...). I updated the firmware on the quad successfully, but was having issues with the RC--apparently you can't use a USB stick? Anyway, I've looked around and can't find any forums addressing this problem as my quad is fresh out of the box. .No crashes or drops.

Here's a video of what it's doing:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(sorry for the audio acting weird).

Anyway. Do I need to reset it somehow? Any suggestions would be helpful...I want to get this thing in the air!

I formatted the memory card then tried re-doing the firmware update. Attached is the text file

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    629 bytes · Views: 359
After trying to update the firmware on the RC by connecting it to the quad, the quad won't stop double-beeping (B-B...B-B...). I updated the firmware on the quad successfully, but was having issues with the RC--apparently you can't use a USB stick? Anyway, I've looked around and can't find any forums addressing this problem as my quad is fresh out of the box. .No crashes or drops.

Anyway. Do I need to reset it somehow? Any suggestions would be helpful...I want to get this thing in the air!

I formatted the memory card then tried re-doing the firmware update. Attached is the text file
this video is private !!!!!

upload_2015-10-13_13-26-20.png

Lights Red, Green, and Yellow alternatively means the aircraft is in self diagnostics. Generally this takes place when the a/c is reading files on the micro-SD card. Do you have a firmware version loaded on your micro-SD card?

Also, does the a/c lights change from what is shown in the video, referring to the red, green, and yellow to any other sequence?

Btw, it's hard to hear the sounds coming from the gimbal with talking going on. And nearly impossible to see the light activity while swinging the a/c around and turning the lights to the rear.

Reactions: Jogle
When I installed latest update the quad sucesfully update from SD Card. But I found that update RC is possible only with connected iPhone from DJI Go application not from SD card.

The odd sound on the camera is from the sonar on the drone.

Try turning it on without the sd card. If that doesn't work, put the sd card back in and format it from the app, once formatted from the app(not computer) put the ad card back in the computer, put the latest firmware back on the sd card and put it in the drone with the drone off. Now power the drone and let it do its thing. Once it's done, put it back in the computer like you did before and make sure it says "success" format the card, and then try again. This has happened before. Do it step by step though. Don't skip anything. If you're updating to the latest firmware then there is no need to update rc

Hey, everyone, thank you for all the advice and responses. Because I've seen from searching other forums this problem is often attributed to a faulty gimbal, and the quad is brand new, I went ahead and had it replaced free of charge without having to file an insurance claim. That may be an over-reaction but $1500 is too steep for me to be having these problems right out the box...here's to the next one updating like it's supposed to.

Also, I realize these are my first posts on this site but I'm already very appreciative of the community being offered here and look forward to contributing more.

I did format the card multiple times and also tried it without the card, btw. No luck :/

I didn't format the card from the app. I'll remember that for the future. The SD card worked being formatted from my computer other times, though.

The odd sound on the camera is from the sonar on the drone.

Try turning it on without the sd card. If that doesn't work, put the sd card back in and format it from the app, once formatted from the app(not computer) put the ad card back in the computer, put the latest firmware back on the sd card and put it in the drone with the drone off. Now power the drone and let it do its thing. Once it's done, put it back in the computer like you did before and make sure it says "success" format the card, and then try again. This has happened before. Do it step by step though. Don't skip anything. If you're updating to the latest firmware then there is no need to update rc

That's odd. I originally updated the phantom with the latest update with no problem. I went to fly it and the RC said "UPDATE REQUIRED" and the phantom wouldn't respond to any flight commands

That's odd. I originally updated the phantom with the latest update with no problem. I went to fly it and the RC said "UPDATE REQUIRED" and the phantom wouldn't respond to any flight commands
For some reason the way I explained it seems to work. Formatting from computer works for day to day but formatting after firmware updates, it seems to work better if you format it in the drone. Good to hear that you got a new one!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers