Awesome flight today. Longest to date

My recovery plan was always to use the last video and review the flight map to figure out where it landed. It won't tell if you someone streals it and keeps moving, but I figure if someone steals it they may rip the tracker off anyway. That's why I want to plan my first long distance flight in a rural area so there won't be anyone around to take it if it goes down. I've been meaning to add my phone number to the side of it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I flew just over 3400 ft distance at 300 ft altitude. Awesome! Now to figure out that record data to video thing. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Update after pinning it on Google Earth and measuring it I actually went approx. 4600ft
Awesome flight! Congrats! I agree with "Go Fast"... that long distance stuff can be addictive. :) What was your battery level when it came back?

Yes, full speed. Heading home with a tailwind. Atti mode for increased speed.

how much faster does atti usually go and what has been your max speed?

The other day I hit 50 mph in atti mode. I had a good tailwind. Usually atti mode adds at least 3-5 mph depending on the crosswinds. Try it out. I know some people on this forum have stated that there's no difference in speed. I think GPS mode limits your top speed. Any definitive answers on this?

Atti is much faster but it's best to have a straight tailwind. Otherwise course corrections negates any extra speed.

Hey John this Marco Polo looked it up on the net is that the thing they refer to as a pet tracking device or at least that's what they referred to it on the site I was looking on was priced at something like 219.00 bucks Canadian? Just wondering if I was looking at the right thing

I want to fly "uphill" from a location at 1,400 ft elevation to a local hill about 2,800 ft elevation and between 7,000 and 8,000 feet (1.4 - 1.6 miles) away. Should be able to check the winds before takeoff.

I'm assuming that maintaining a moderate height above the ground as I ascend and descend is the best way to do this. Is that the case? Don't want to get too high and also don't want to tangle with any trees!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers