Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Awesome DJI Mavic Sunshade Available Now

Discussion in 'Mavic Discussion' started by Stacy Cobb, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Stacy Cobb

Finally finished our Sunshade for the DJI Mavic. After several failed Prototypes we were able to design one that is rigid, hinged and collapsable. Allows access to all the important buttons and folds for storage. Unlike the fabric shades out there that tend to never be square and strap to the device, this one is square every time and solid as a rock. Light weight yet extremely tough we are sure you will be pleased. Actually we guarantee you will or your money back. The DJI Mavic Sunshade works with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.

Available for purchase now: DJI Mavic Sunshade
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BruteForce

Does it work with a case on the phone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3. Stacy Cobb

It won't. Its story of a catch 22. I know that 99% of us use cases but there are way too many to design for. I've got my 6s in a life proof case and it is a real hassle to take it out. So I know where you are coming from.

#3 Stacy Cobb, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  4. thegroovologist

I just read on another forum that this shade might not be deep enough to shade a phone. Have you done testing in that regard?

5. Kilrah

How does it fit (well) to both the Plus and non-Plus versions?!

6. Stacy Cobb

Its two different shades.

7. Stacy Cobb

Yes, we have sold several hundred OSMO Shades which are very similar in size and never had anyone say that it wasn't deep enough.

Also the goal for the DJI Mavic Pri Shade was to design that was extremely functional while maintaining the small footprint of the Mavic controller.

However I will do a light test later today to show how much light it is cutting.

I would love to see the other post so I can share those results there. If you have a moment and cam leave a link that would be awesome.

8. Jdhill

How will you be able to see the display on the rc itself ? I would think for the Mavic, you would have to make a sunshade that fits to the rc itself, that way you can see the display on the rc.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

9. Stacy Cobb

The shade is actually below the screen. If you look at the current design you will see that this goes around the iPhone yet allows the handles to hold the device. The remote screen will be viewable above the sunshade and phone.

10. Wacker2611

Looks great and nearly ordered but in UK and postal charges are a bit steep

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

11. milsonian

Any plans for android versions or is there just too much variation there?

12. kmaluo

If your android phone width is between the width of an iPhone 7 and 7+, then it should work fine. This guy needs to add Android phones to the list, he's missing out on a good chunk of the market. But I'm sure the Chinese are hard at work making a cheaper version of this as we speak. Amazon and eBay should be flooded with them in no time.

13. Merko

It's not really difficult making it cheaper, as its around $2 worth of plastic on these sunshades. But if you have a webshop. you need to price stuff high since people will pay for it anyway (in most cases).

But over 3 weeks time before they ship out is a bit long :p

14. Stacy Cobb

I love android phones but they are so hard build for. Yes they have 70% of the market but it's spread over several different manufacturers. I will be looking into making them for some the android devices. Normally Samsung but their issues with fire have slowed that down.

CCTPREZ likes this.
  15. Stacy Cobb

Dude, I so understand your thinking on this. However, if everything we did in life was based on material cost we would all be bankrupt. At my age I tend to look at things a little differently. I have a very high priced education in design and development. Very expensive manufacturing printers for prototyping as well as many other pieces of machinery for production. I have very expensive computers and software for design as well as manufacturing. Although the DJI Mavic Pro Sunshade that we just released and I show here is 3D printed, we are looking at doing Thermal Molds for the finals that everyone will get which will make the quality much, much higher. However, until the molds are made and the first units are cast I don't want to mention too much about that.

As far as 3-weeks. We have been this far behind since we started. Mostly because our line of Master Series Sunshades are hand crafted professional sunshades and I'm convinced are the best on the market. They are made with the professional drone pilot and aerial DP in mind and have proven for over a year now that they can handle a full on production environment and are well worth the price. We spent an unbelievable amount of time developing our products yet we remain a custom shop. I'm preparing our first sunshade now for injection molding and to my knowledge (and I watch it extremely close) there is no one out there with designs like ours.

I also understand what we do is not for everyone. AerialDroneAccessories.com and IndustrialROTOR are aimed at the professional drone pilot, with extremely high flight hours in production environments.

You are correct if you have a 3D printer someone will come along with something that works and you can print yourself for a couple of dollars. Again if you have a 3D printer that cost at least several hundred dollars, and a roll of filament.

CCTPREZ and kmaluo like this.
  16. Stacy Cobb

I understand. The import Duties are tough for those in the EU. If you have some friends that fly as well and are interested maybe we can work something out where I can get more than one on it's way. Message me if you're interested and I'll do all I can to help you out.

17. CCTPREZ

LOL! I'm glad you understand the thinking behind this! I have 3-of your sunshades, as well as the USB chargers, and a couple of other accessories. I can't imagine the thinking behind selling something you spent time designing and re-designing to make everyone happy, as well as all of the time invested, machinery, or even possibly paying someone to assist. That's not including all of the time you spend answering questions, very professionally explains to the haters, and paying for as well as maintaining your websites etc.
    So, why don't you sell your products for what the plastic is worth? WAIT... WHAT??? Your products are all TOP NOTCH, and I've bought the higher dollar canvas shades that never stay square, and hardly hold my devices.
    Ur priced are and have always been inline with what you get, if not better. God forbid if you make a profit as well for all your gracious time and effort!! So simple really, make the $2.00 version and see how well it holds up.