Avl58 video downlink no video?

Reaction score
Hi.
I have installed a iosd mini and avl58 5.8g video link to my phantom 2.
I have installed everything correctly and have power to my receiver iosd and transmitter though i don't get anything coming up on the monitor. Doesn't seem to pick up the receiver as the screen just stays blue with AV1 in red writing. I have tried using 2 other monitors and the same thing happens.
Not sure if my receiver is working? I only bought it yesterday and its never been used.
Any help would be great!

Yer they are both on the same channel. I have also tried all the channels and still nothing.
It seems like the monitor doesn't pick up that i have attached a receiver.

If using the gopro go into setting and chose NTSC or pal your monitor has to match that as well. I had that problem.

Yer i tried changing that setting and still nothing. Still believe the receiver is faulty. Is there anyway to know for sure? The lights are working to indicate the channel but don't believe its receiving a signal.

If you could post a pic of how our have it wired I could better assist in diagnosing the problem. There has to be a connection problem somewhere.

Also. I have to ask. At any point in time was the tx or Rx powered up without an antenna attached. Cause that will ruin it every time

Im pretty confident its not the wiring but i have attached a photo anyway.
Nah I haven't powered it without the antenna.
What does it normally show on the monitor when the receiver is plugged in? Will it go fuzzy like its looking for a signal or show a blue screen until its found a signal from the transmitter?

Well I see one thing that is wrong. I used these two pics to help me connect mine and mine works. Your power wires have two wires each and not one. That is the only thing I see different. Not saying its causing the issue but it could be. Also don't heat shrink until after you have it working. I use double sided tape to cover the wires until I'm ready to heat shrink. Just a bit o advice to save hastle. That stuff is hard to remove.

Attachments

• Dji-specified-avl58-en.jpg
    Dji-specified-avl58-en.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 6,374
  • AVL58_TX_x.jpg
    AVL58_TX_x.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 4,075
I did read that it doesn't matter about the one or two wires though I just rewired it with the two and still doing the same thing.
Yer i probably shouldn't have heat strinked them though I know that the joins are fine. Are there any fuses in the receiver or transmitter that could be blown?

all honestly I'm not sure what the problem could be I would double check all the settings on the camera and monitor. I would also keep checking the channels trying each one. Also try removing the Osd and see if that is the issue. Also did you update the mini? Other than that I have no clue. The screens also do different things. Mine never goes blue or black. Just fuzzy if it loses signal.

Thanks for your help.
I think I will try and send the receiver back to the dealer and see if they can replace it and hopefully thats the problem. I haven't updated the mini because i only have a mac and can't find the software to update it. Is there any setting in the phantom i have to change to allow for FPV?

No. And send both the tx and Rx. You don't know for sure which one if any are broke. Better safe than sorry. Especially if you just got them. There is nothing to update in the bird itself for fpv. Just the iosd mini you did update the controller and the phantom upon unboxing right?

I plugged them in to update though the only thing that needed an update was the gimble but its all been done now.
I will see what the dealer says about them both, hopefully will get it up and running in the next couple of days!
Do you know what the mini update covers?

Its just firmware update. No really sure what code is changed but mine worked before the update it just didn't show accurate data till I did the update. That you will have to do before you use it. If you need anymore help feel free to ask. Also please let me know if you get it working.

I ended up changing both the transmitter and receiver and worked straight away?
The mini isod doesn't show any data though? Im getting stuff come up on the screen but doesn't show any info for heights and distance etc. Any ideas to help?

fitzy333 said:
I ended up changing both the transmitter and receiver and worked straight away?
The mini isod doesn't show any data though? Im getting stuff come up on the screen but doesn't show any info for heights and distance etc. Any ideas to help?

Updating the iOSD mini firmware usually clears up that problem (symbols but no data)

Yes. He is right. That is what I did and it worked like magic. Glad you hot it working. Mine is down till I replace the compass. Pretty sure that's messed up. Calibrations and advanced Cali don't work. Happy flying man

Hmm... Had my avl58 and mini iosd working fine. Tried rearranging the position while the phantom was turned off and now I'm getting no video. Guess I'll have to send them back too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20