avl58 + fat shark / yes or no?

Reaction score
hi guys.

i have an avl58 transmitter + a black pearl monitor (no avl58 receiver) for fpv.
my question is (and im pretty sure i read the answer but i cant remember/find it):

is it possible to receive video in a fat shark goggle with that combo?
yes or no?

if yes, i guess theres no problem receiving the video in both devices (monitor and goggle) at the same time, correct?

once again, thanks for your time and help.

I have the same setup and was thinking about getting fatshark goggles. The easiest (and cheapest) way to go would be with the fatshark base model and just plug the goggles into the black pearls video out. You can even use the BP's DC output to power the goggles.

DesertFlyer53 said:
I have the same setup and was thinking about getting fatshark goggles. The easiest (and cheapest) way to go would be with the fatshark base model and just plug the goggles into the black pearls video out. You can even use the BP's DC output to power the goggles.

Same setup here. I ended up canceling an auction bid the other day on a Dominator because I figured I needed to fish another $50 for the receiver and I don't even know if I'll like the googles and I'm deep in debt. I think I'll look into the base model because that's actually pretty good idea since it's cheaper and less stuff to charge. I'm also gonna look into "video glasses" as well since it's basically the same thing and possibly cheaper.

Anyways!

So I did a little research on how to get all three AVL58 + Fatshark + Black Pearl to theoretically work together.

The AVL58 transmit frequencies are:
CH1: 5705 MHz
CH2: 5685 MHz
CH3: 5665 MHz
CH4: 5645 MHz
CH5: 5885 MHz
CH6: 5905 MHz
CH7: 5925 MHz
CH8: 5945 MHzz

Black Pearl Frequencies (Band E):
5705 5685 5665 5645 5885 5905 5925 5945

FatShark Dominator with Nexwave BETA bands Receiver Frequency Module DIP switch (1-1):
5705, 5685, 5665, 5645, 5885, 5905, 5925, 5945MHz

NOTE:
Fatshark STANDARD band for Dominator frequencies is 5740, 5760, 5780, 5800, 5820, 5840, 5860MHz, so it will not work.
Also Fatshark Attitutde uses the same frequency as the Standard Band module at 5740 MHz, 5760 MHz, 5780 MHz, 5800 Mhz, 5820 MHz 5840 Mhz 5860 MHz, so it will not work.

Basically, if you want all three to work (theoretically), you'll need the Fatshark Dominator with Nexwave receiver module with BETA bands.

Or just get the Base model and hook it up to the black pearl. :lol:

All data here is theoretical until proven as working. I have no idea what I just did and I am not responsible for any inaccuracies on this post. All frequencies listed were Googled. Would be great if someone tried this for me!

DesertFlyer53 said:

ill go for the cheapest fat shark googles, my niece (5 years old) was impressed with the quad, so ithought it would be nice and a new experience for her if i fly/fpv with the monitor and her with the googles ;)

Well... I just broke down and bought these. I've been eye balling these Skyzone goggles for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger anf buy them. The reviews are good! They use a diversity Rx (like the black pearl), are compatible with the AVL58 Tx and can use the fatshark battery and diopters (I wear glasses).

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/skyzone-fpv-gogglesmatte-black-p-1218.html

DesertFlyer53 said:
Well... I just broke down and bought these. I've been eye balling these Skyzone goggles for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger anf buy them. The reviews are good!
Yo DesertFlyer53,
Check out this thread if you would please: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24743&p=228276#p228276
You are the first person on here that I have found to admitting they own a pair of these (Skyzone FPV Goggles).

Thanks in advance :!:

lucid111 said:
The answer to your question is a straight "No". Lightbridge with the Carl Zeiss Cinemizer goggles is the best and only way to go. :ugeek:
DJI Lightbridge = $1,400
Carl Zeiss Cinemizer‎ = $790
Total = $2190.00

I frigging wish :!:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik