AVL58 connection problem

Reaction score
I inherited a Phantom 1 with the AVL58 FPV system and a 2D gimbal. The craft flies well, and after a firmware upgrade, the gimbal works fine, but the FPV is not connecting. This is a factory installed setup with a Pyle 7" monitor. I checked that the channels match, and the external wiring connections look good. The system was working well last time it was used, about a year ago, so I'm worried that some setting got changed and is fouling up the wifi connection. I can't fine much about this online, so I'm hoping some of you have wrestled with a similar problem and can give me a solution. Thanks.

dwhitebread said:
I inherited a Phantom 1 with the AVL58 FPV system and a 2D gimbal. The craft flies well, and after a firmware upgrade, the gimbal works fine, but the FPV is not connecting. This is a factory installed setup with a Pyle 7" monitor. I checked that the channels match, and the external wiring connections look good. The system was working well last time it was used, about a year ago, so I'm worried that some setting got changed and is fouling up the wifi connection. I can't fine much about this online, so I'm hoping some of you have wrestled with a similar problem and can give me a solution. Thanks.

What do you mean by "fouling up the wi-fi connection". If you're using 2.4GHz radio the wi-fi on the camera should be off.

No, the in-camera wifi is off. I'm just talking about the AVL 58 wifi, that occasionally flickers, but otherwise just causes a No Signal message on the monitor.

dwhitebread said:
No, the in-camera wifi is off. I'm just talking about the AVL 58 wifi, that occasionally flickers, but otherwise just causes a No Signal message on the monitor.

First AVL58 is a 5.8GHz TX and you AVL58 RX on the back of you monitor. Now depending on how the antennas are setup and the direction your flying in when losing signal or you have a bad video connection between the receiver and monitor. Why not take a photo now how the transmitter (TX) is mounted on the P1
and also how the receiver (RX) is setup on your monitor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik