AVL58 Cloverleaf Antenna Bendable?

Reaction score
Are the Cloverleaf Antennas that come with the AVL58 transmitter bendable? I noticed that some people seem to have these Cloverleafs that are bent, but I wasn't sure if they were just buying third-party ones or if they bent them.

photo2.jpg

Yes as above, I use same cloverleaf antennas with a BP. A word of caution though, don't do what I did (muppet) and tighten the antenna holding the white plastic end nearest the gold coloured connection, use the gold bit to screw and unscrew. My TX twisted just a bit and loosen/broke a connection inside the antenna and the picture over 200m became rubbish. I had to buy a new set, in fact I got a set of "Boscam 5.8G RP-SMA Cloud Spirit" which appear to be better build quality (not that I know much, :) ) and nicely coloured. Just my thoughts. (will be test flying soon)

Cheers Mark

q8f1 said:
My TX twisted just a bit and loosen/broke a connection inside the antenna and the picture over 200m became rubbish. I had to buy a new set, in fact I got a set of "Boscam 5.8G RP-SMA Cloud Spirit" which appear to be better build quality (not that I know much, :) ) and nice coloured. Just my thoughts. (will be test flying soon)

Cheers Mark

Hmm.. actually, I might be exhibiting the same issue because I twist outside the gold area, lol. I'll order a new set to test it out.

q8f1 said:
Yes as above, I use same cloverleaf antennas with a BP. A word of caution though, don't do what I did (muppet) and tighten the antenna holding the white plastic end nearest the gold coloured connection, use the gold bit to screw and unscrew. My TX twisted just a bit and loosen/broke a connection inside the antenna and the picture over 200m became rubbish. I had to buy a new set, in fact I got a set of "Boscam 5.8G RP-SMA Cloud Spirit" which appear to be better build quality (not that I know much, :) ) and nice coloured. Just my thoughts. (will be test flying soon)

Cheers Mark

They are nice but I had to buy 2 sets, my Boscam receiver / monitor takes (2) and the AVL58 another

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl