AVL58 and fatshark predator?

Reaction score
I have installed avl58 and have the fatshark predator v2 goggles. They don't seem to share any channel options. Will these two work together?

I'm afraid not, they work on different sub-bands within the 5.8GHz range. Your options are to connect a DJI receiver (the ground half of the AVL58 setup) to your goggles, or replace the AVL58 with a Fat Shark or Immersion transmitter.

OI Photography said:
I'm afraid not, they work on different sub-bands within the 5.8GHz range. Your options are to connect a DJI receiver (the ground half of the AVL58 setup) to your goggles, or replace the AVL58 with a Fat Shark or Immersion transmitter.
I am sooo glad I told the place I bought it from that I was a newbie, and asked them what I needed. That way they wouldn't sell my stuff I did not need. Jokers.

Anyway, in trying to connect the receiver of the AVL58 to the goggles, the cords do not match of course. The one supplied with the AVL58 looks like my ipod cord, the Fatshark has one more section on the jack - I assume for sound. It worked for a few seconds using my ipod cord when I pulled the jack out just a bit- now nothing. probably fried it or something! Is there an adapter cord for this? Or should i just scrap the AVL58?

Also, I used the FPV hub to avoid cutting and soldering. Is this still going to work if I use the Fatshark transceiver? I mean- can I find a harness for that? Its kind of crazy how all this is so confusing. It seems like a guy like me should be able to find this stuff and be able to fly it or crash it. It has been three weeks of research, phone calls, and writing checks and I still do not have a setup that works.

well i scrapped the AVL58 and finally figured out how to cut and solder the right wires on the fatshark with the FPV hub by just staring at it for a while. its amazing to me the lack of support, or even knowledge, that these places selling this stuff have. seems like they would want to help me so i come back to them next time. guess i am just old school- these days customer service means take the cash and on to the next guy.

so i've the AVL58 for sale i guess- if anyone wants it. make me an offer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.