avl5.8 problem

Reaction score
Hi,
Newbie here so please bare with me. I have had my phantom 2 with avl58 phantom for some time. Recently I was unable to get the wireless signal to work so I was tampering with the wires on the avl58 transmitter. two wire accidentally touched and no I cant get the transmitter to turn on even though the gimbal and drone still works. I replaced the avl58 transmitter today hoping it was just blown and still no power. Previously it would turn on as soon as I powered it up. I have no idea where to go from here is there a fuse or something I could be missing that would cause the transmitter not to turn on when everything else is working? Appreciate your help in advanced! Tommorrow I will attempt to take the cover off but want to make sure im not missing anything before i shell out another grand on a new unit.

Cheers,
Frankie

It's nearly impossible to tell without a physical inspection, but if you already replaced the AVL58 transmitter and the new one won't power on either then it's possible you burned something out on the mainboard in the Phantom. If that's the case, the part is replaceable (will take a little soldering) and runs about $60. As long as the Phantom still powers on and everything else seems to work ok there's no need to buy a whole new aircraft.

Did you have the antenna connected to the transmitter? For transmitters it is very important to make sure the antenna is connected before powering on the transmitter. The transmitter will burn itself out without an antenna. There may be a fuse inside of the transmitter.

I have not seen an in line fuse for the power feed for the transmitter within the phantom itself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31