AVL 58 vs Other Options

Reaction score
I would appreciate some advice on whether to install my AVL 58 or consider some other options.
I have a new DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter V2.0 Bundle with Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal and a GoPro 3. I also ordered an AVL 58 kit and DJI FPV Hub Kit, but have not installed the FPV. The DJI site says that it powers directly from Phantom Quadcopter, but it looks like I would have to add a separate battery or get a power adapter and open the case to access the 12 volt power. Is that correct, or am I missing something?

Also, some other posts have suggested there may be better options.

I don't mind doing some soldering, so plug-and-play is not a requirement.
Thanks,

Charlie

You can power the avl58 from the Phantom directly no need for an additional battery. Check DJI website or google for it, you should be able to find a wiring diagram.

You have the avl58 so I would use it. You P2 should have 4 wires coming out of a leg, a red (12volt) yellow(video from zenmuse) and 2 brown (both grounds). If it's not sticking out it'll be under the shell. If you google P2 wiring diagram you'll find it. It should also be in the manual. FPV hub kit shouldn't be needed on the phantom so if you can return it and get an iosd instead you'll be much better off.

Chriserl said:
You have the avl58 so I would use it. You P2 should have 4 wires coming out of a leg, a red (12volt) yellow(video from zenmuse) and 2 brown (both grounds). If it's not sticking out it'll be under the shell. If you google P2 wiring diagram you'll find it. It should also be in the manual. FPV hub kit shouldn't be needed on the phantom so if you can return it and get an iosd instead you'll be much better off.
The 4 wire ribbon is there. I had just assumed the wires were too small to be carrying the power supply. Should I be able to find the female 2-prong connector at any hobby store, or is it a special item?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic